This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family View Strangeness

I have found a minor issue that whilst its no big deal to me I thought I would check if I am the only one experiencing it.

In the Family View, hover over a scrollable piece of information such as a note. Then (without moving the pointer at all) scroll up or down ( I am using a magic mouse) and you'll see a portion of this scrollable field turn white momentarily. I almost looks like the field is "bouncing" before it returns to its original position.

I am not explaining this very well but I'm sure you get the idea.
    Keith Bage
    BAGE One-Name Study,
    www.bage.org.uk
    GOONS (member 4451)

Re: Family View Strangeness

Originally posted by Keith Bage View Post
    In the Family View, hover over a scrollable piece of information such as a note. Then (without moving the pointer at all) scroll up or down ( I am using a magic mouse) and you'll see a portion of this scrollable field turn white momentarily. I almost looks like the field is "bouncing" before it returns to its original position.
    That happens anytime you try to scroll (up or down) past the limits of a page under Lion.

Try it with a page in Safari and see if you don't see the same thing. If you try to scroll up beyond the top, you should see the background and the bounce at the top; if you try to scroll down beyond the bottom, at the bottom...
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

It's a result of the elastic scrolling that is part and parcel of Lion. If you use Safari, you will see the effect frequently. To turn it off, you have to go into Terminal. There is an article about how to kill the effect on the OSXDaily.com last week (mid-week).
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

I have found a minor issue that whilst its no big deal to me I thought I would check if I am the only one experiencing it.

I am not explaining this very well but I'm sure you get the idea.
        Hmmm. Well, now checking out R10.0.1, but nope, don't see it. You explained it clearly enough. I have a multi-gesture trackpad (MBP); move the pointer over a scrolling field, drop the second finger and scroll up and down: scrolls smoothly without any incongruities.

-Paul
        -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
        MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
        MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
          It's a result of the elastic scrolling that is part and parcel of Lion. If you use Safari, you will see the effect frequently. To turn it off, you have to go into Terminal. There is an article about how to kill the effect on the OSXDaily.com last week (mid-week).
          Your right, I see it also in Safari etc. I hand't noticed this before in other apps. Like I said, its no big deal, but I might just look up that Terminal fix.
          Keith Bage
          BAGE One-Name Study,
          www.bage.org.uk
          GOONS (member 4451)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Reitz View Post
            Hmmm. Well, now checking out R10.0.1, but nope, don't see it.
            You'll only see this behavior in OS X Lion (10.7) -- if you are using a previous version of OS X, you won't see it.
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Your right, I see it also in Safari etc. I hand't noticed this before in other apps. Like I said, its no big deal, but I might just look up that Terminal fix.
              Ever since Mac OS X 10.7, the Mac has included the same elastic over-scrolling that exists in the iOS world. Frequently called “rubberband scrolling”, it kicks in as an overscrolling ef…
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thanks Bob, very useful link.
                Keith Bage
                BAGE One-Name Study,
                www.bage.org.uk
                GOONS (member 4451)

Comment

Working...