This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Like...

Now that we've had a chance to get used to the new interface, and that many of the initial wrinkles have been ironed out with the release of Reunion 10.0.1, I'm curious to read what people are finding to be their favorite improvements. We had a couple of threads like this for Reunion 9, and the posts users made were extremely interesting.

There's a lot I like, but I'll put the iPad-style Tree View and the addition of rounded box corners and gradient box fill in box charts at the top of my list. How about you?
    Last edited by ttl; 14 May 2012, 06:10 PM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Re: I Like...

...the fact I can edit the columns in the Child View to show what information i need.

I have a FindAGrave ID number as a custom Fact and it's nice to see on a single page which of the children have been found at that site.

Also, the ability to GeoTag places and the Map overview of life events. Many more too, but those are my favorite.
    Reunion 11.0.7, Mac OS 10.10.3

Comment

I'm going to be honest and say that when I first installed v10 I was a little disappointed but after spending a few days with it I'm really loving the changes and realise it is a really good upgrade.

My favourite things are:

1. The Tree View - This looks amazing and is really helping me to see my information in different ways. It's so fast too when switching between people.

2. Family View Customisation - I've always been a big fan of being able to customise the family view but that has been taken to a new level with pictures everywhere and all the different settings for Children, Couples and Parents.

3. Web searching - Love the idea of these searches and have already created a couple of my own additional ones.

I could go on but i'll leave it there.

One gripe though, I think the places/mapping feature could have been better. I want the ability to manually put a place on the map. To be able to see ALL my places on the map. To be able to select multiple people and show them on one map. And in addition I think it might have been useful to have include a short place name as some other genealogy packages do.
      Keith Bage
      BAGE One-Name Study,
      www.bage.org.uk
      GOONS (member 4451)

Comment

I like all the new features in Reunion 10. This got me back from MacFamilyTree to Reunion again.

I like to thank Frans van Bodegom to for the translation work he have done for Reunion 10. And hope he will continue in later releases and that Dutch will be a native language in future releases.
        Reunion 10.0.1, Reunion for iPad and iPhone

Comment

I have to tell you (LeisterPro) that Reunion 10 is an absolute joy to use. The sliding detail windows are just brilliant. Technical issues and enhancements will always be subject to complaint. But for me, the big story is the improved UI esthetics. Thanks to all at LeisterPro. Nice job!
          Donald W. Moore
          Virginia Beach, Virginia

Comment

I forgot to mention probably THE BEST thing about Reunion 10. That is that it has rekindled my enthusiasm in Genealogy, and Reunion (which had been floundering in recent months).

I know its only a "tool" in gathering and compiling the data, but having something you feel happy with makes such a difference.
            Keith Bage
            BAGE One-Name Study,
            www.bage.org.uk
            GOONS (member 4451)

Comment

I totally agree with Keith!
              Reunion 10.0.1, Reunion for iPad and iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Bage View Post
                I forgot to mention probably THE BEST thing about Reunion 10. That is that it has rekindled my enthusiasm in Genealogy, and Reunion (which had been floundering in recent months).

I know its only a "tool" in gathering and compiling the data, but having something you feel happy with makes such a difference.
                Great point! I've been accumulating photos for years but haven't taken the time to add most of them to Reunion. Got reenergized to do that last week, and had a great experience adding pictures to one particular family.

This family had two parents, three kids, and no pictures. I found a group shot of the family, and I went ahead and added this photo to the Family section in the multimedia sidebar for the couple. At that point, my family file had a nice family portrait to view from the sidebar or as a part of a slideshow, but there were no pictures for the people. So in the sidebar, I dragged the photo to the father's section, and then dragged it to the mother's section. Double-clicking the photo in each new location brought up an editing window which included a crop button. For each person, I could crop the group shot down to show just the person's head and shoulders, so now each person had their own picture.

To complete the process, all I had to do was all I had to do was drag and drop the family portrait onto each of the child buttons and then go to their family views to crop their pictures.

This wasn't a whole lot different than what could be done in Reunion 9, although I think the implementation is nicer, and it worked very smoothly. It wasn't an earthshaking accomplishment, but it was a pleasure to do because the work flowed so seamlessly.
                Tim Lundin
                Heartland Family Graphics
                http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
                X