This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor Annoyances So Far

Three things are annoying me about Reunion 10 so far: The back arrow and getting an "Unnamed" person after entering all the info. And a third, which is probably the cause of the second.

The back arrow (as well as Command [) both take a circuitous route to get back to the most previously immediate window, usually taking clicks through 4 or 5 records before getting to the one most previous. Why is that, when Reunion 9 and others previous didn't do that?

Secondly is getting an "Unnamed" record, usually for a spouse, when that info was just entered. The correction, to merge the Unnamed file with the already entered info, is cumbersome but manageable. But I wish I could figure out what caused it to happen in the first place. I'm suspicious that it comes from my third annoyance, not clicking on the drop down menu when that appears. This is perhaps the single most annoying feature. In previous Reunions, a simple hit of the Return key captured the info that appeared as a result of Speed Names/Places. But now extra time is spent keying and especially "mousing" to the correct entry.
    Last edited by Frank; 13 May 2012, 02:27 PM.

Re: Minor Annoyances So Far

I don't believe any of us ran into your "back" problem during beta testing. For me, both the arrows and the key combinations work as advertised. Is this back problem occurring when you have been entering a new record.....or just in normal navigation? In R10, you should click the Done button at the bottom of the window upon completion of entering. It could be that you are not doing that and both problems stem from that. Of course, it could be something completely different.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      I don't believe any of us ran into your "back" problem during beta testing. For me, both the arrows and the key combinations work as advertised. Is this back problem occurring when you have been entering a new record.....or just in normal navigation? In R10, you should click the Done button at the bottom of the window upon completion of entering. It could be that you are not doing that and both problems stem from that. Of course, it could be something completely different.
      Bob, let's say I have entered several children via Batch mode. But there's more info to enter about them. So, working from the Family View page with the parents in the usual prominent position and the children down below, I click on the first child. Keyboard in the new info, then hit the Enter button, which is an approved stroke. So I'm ready for the next child and I either hit the back arrow or do a command left bracket. I have to step through several previous records to get the one I want. It seems to get worse the more children there are to amend, cycling through each of them first. What's annoying in general about R10 is the number of times I have to use the mouse rather than using keyboard shortcuts--mousing in general takes too much time, something I had hoped would have been improved upon in this iteration of Reunion. Thoughts?

Comment

Hi,

I've also noticed that "back" is behaving oddly dependent on the screen displayed.

For example, if I navigate through my tree I can use the "back" feature to move backwards between people.

However, if I click on a person to view the detail, and then use the "back" feature I am taken back through the history of the detail screen, not the screens I had been looking at.

"back" should take the user backwards through the steps they have made, or have I misunderstood how this works?

Regards

Darren.

Comment

I can see from your latest explanation that I was attempting to answer a different question than you were asking. My apologies except that it resulted in a clearer explanation from you.

I don't know the answer. If I want to go back to a different field in that batch entry mode (or any other entry mode), I just click the mouse into wanted field and proceed with editing. Hopefully, someone can help you.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

On a web project, when viewing a person's family tree, the arrow that allows one to see the children of a person on the tree is not loading in the Web project report and thus shows up on the web page as a "?" Does anyone else have this problem and, if not, what have I done wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by megmcg View Post
              On a web project, when viewing a person's family tree, the arrow that allows one to see the children of a person on the tree is not loading in the Web project report and thus shows up on the web page as a "?" Does anyone else have this problem and, if not, what have I done wrong.
              Send an email to help@LeisterPro.com and include the URL of the web project so we can see what you're describing.
              Frank Leister
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X