This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying sources to another family file

Can we copy sources between family files in R10? I tried to drag a source from the sources list in one family file onto the source citations list for a person in another open family file. The result in the destination family file was a new source with the number from the original family file, but the text of the source did not copy over.
    Amy
    Currently using Reunion 13 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7
    Reunion user since the original HyperCard stack version in the early 1990s

Re: Copying sources to another family file

Hi Amy,

It's not possible to drag-and-drop sources between Family Files.

The File -> Export -> Export Reunion Family File... feature does allow you to export a family file with no people and cited or all sources, which you could them import into your other Family File, but if you just want one source then this is probably not ideal.

For that, it may be simpler to open the existing source and a new source in the file you want to transfer to, then copy-and-paste each field between the two Edit Source windows.
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Mark.

Did you try to do what I described? Did you get the same bad behavior? It seems like a possible bug to me.
      Amy
      Currently using Reunion 13 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7
      Reunion user since the original HyperCard stack version in the early 1990s

Comment

Amy,
        I can duplicate that behavior. It'll be precluded in the next maintenance update.
        Thanks for the report.
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X