This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifespan in web project index

I spent some time figuring out why, when I create a web project, the index of names that is generated is missing the lifespans for each of the first names of the individuals in the index.

The Web Preferences button on the Web Project page takes me to Preferences/Web/Reports, but there is no option for including lifespans in the Index/Surnames entry. I figured out that I had to go instead to Preferences/Reports and select "Show (birth-death) years" in the Index option in order to include the lifespans in the web project index.

Shouldn't the option for including lifespans in the index for a web project be directly accessible from the Web Preferences button on the Web Project page? Having supplied a tab for Reports under Preferences/web with an entry for Index/Surnames, it is not obvious that one has to go instead to a separate Index entry under Preferences/Reports to switch on the reporting of lifespans in a web report. Preferences/Web should collect together all the options related to the creation of web reports.
Working...
X