X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sources aren't being saved

Hello,
    I have typed a free form source and it is not being saved. When the source window comes up, I choose free form and type in my source and click on the done button. Is there some obvious thing I'm overlooking or is there something else going on?

Thanks
    Laura Flanagan

Re: Sources aren't being saved

I can't duplicate a problem with sources here.

Let us know more detail: for example, are you doing this by clicking the + button under the Sources sidebar, or in the "List - Sources" window. Or did you get there via the Edit Person window?

If there's a problem, more detail will help us solve it.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      I can't duplicate a problem with sources here.

Let us know more detail: for example, are you doing this by clicking the + button under the Sources sidebar, or in the "List - Sources" window. Or did you get there via the Edit Person window?

If there's a problem, more detail will help us solve it.
      I tried both ways with the same success. I tired it again just now and it worked. I don't know if it was me or what? This time I went under the sidebar-sources-add new source-free form-typed in the information-hit done and it worked.

Comment

I had sources displayed in the sidebar.
        I opened a FreeForm source.
        I added a multimedia jpg and copied in some more freeform text.
        When I hit done the entry blanked other than the number and all fields were blank.
        I even tried to add a structured title.
        still blank.

... Ron Young
        Ron Young

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Young View Post
          I had sources displayed in the sidebar.
          I opened a FreeForm source.
          I added a multimedia jpg and copied in some more freeform text.
          When I hit done the entry blanked other than the number and all fields were blank.
          I even tried to add a structured title.
          still blank.

... Ron Young
          Update. I changed from FreeForm to Vital Record and more or less recreated the source plus multimedia and it took. I'll be weary of modifying other FreeForm Source for now.
          Ron Young

Comment

Ron,

I've followed the steps you listed, several times, but I haven't yet reproduced the problem you described.

I'll keep looking; but if you see it again or can recall any more detail, let us know. (For example, if any other windows are open, or what you did just before opening the source, or, if it happens again, send us a screen shot - to the help@LeisterPro.com email address).
            Frank Leister
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              Ron,

I've followed the steps you listed, several times, but I haven't yet reproduced the problem you described.

I'll keep looking; but if you see it again or can recall any more detail, let us know. (For example, if any other windows are open, or what you did just before opening the source, or, if it happens again, send us a screen shot - to the help@LeisterPro.com email address).
              Frank,
              I should tell you the source was imported from a Gedcom exported from Geni.com.
              It was source number 1. The Gedcom was imported into Reunion 9 and the family file just converted to Reunion 10. The freeform text placed by Geni.com had html links to scanned documents that I had uploaded to Geni.com. I downloaded the JPGs and wanted to place them in the Reunion media window. That's the background.
              Ron Young

Comment

Working...
              X