This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit 2 or more people at the same time?

Now that editing events for people is no longer a modal window, I was hoping I would be able to open multiple people at the same time. This would especially helpful when entering census data for a family (or any time when a source can generate events for multiple people).

But, I can't see a way to open up more than one. Is there a way to get multiple editing windows open simultaneously?

Re: Edit 2 or more people at the same time?

You can't open multiple edit windows simultaneously.

But you can put the members of that family into the Bookmarks sidebar, for example. Or perhaps filter them in the People sidebar. Or, unmark everybody. Then Option-click a person in the family. This will mark everybody in the family view. Then click the Marking Shortcuts button and choose Show Marked People.

The main point is that, while Edit Person is showing, you can click down through the list of family members in the sidebar with no need to close the Edit Person window while going through the census data for the family.
    Last edited by Frank; 10 May 2012, 11:03 AM.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Edit 2 or more people at the same time?

I'll give that workflow a try.

However, being able to open multiple edit windows would still be useful. Other than editing, it is useful when you want to compare people to ensure you have the right events for each person in a family.

While Reunion is hardly alone in the "one person at a time" view of the world, it's always felt like tunnel vision. Being able to look at more than one person at a time would be a big gain in flexibility.

Comment

Working...
      X