This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with photos

Got a problem with my photos. I had to set up the links to the folders where they are stored, but when I did the "Repair media locations", they all came us as missing links. It looks as though it is expecting the file names to have hash symbols either side of the ?Person No. So instead of finding the file AHM1.JPG, it's expecting it to be called
    #1#AHM1.JPG.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't really want to have to go and re-link all my photos!

Otherwise - loving R10
    Attached Files

Re: Problem with photos

Nobody else with this problem?

I've tried copying my 1000+ photos to another location, and redirecting Reunion to that folder - but no joy!

Comment

Originally posted by Alasdair Mackie View Post
      It looks as though it is expecting the file names to have hash symbols either side of the ?Person No. So instead of finding the file AHM1.JPG, it's expecting it to be called #1#AHM1.JPG.
      It looks to me like you at one time lost your Reunion 9 family file and then used the family file on your iPhone or iPad to recover. We usually don't recommend this action unless there's no other alternative.

I can not think of any other way your picture links could have gotten renamed like this.

Having said all that -- if the file names look correct to you (minus the hash marks) send us your Reunion 10 family file and we can remove the hash marks.
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks Gregg - on its way!

Comment

Thank you for the speedy turnaround (especially as I know you chaps will be busy at the moment!) - it's all ok now.

Comment

Working...
          X