This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merging Places (some bugs)

I'm very happy that Reunion 10 has better management of places, something I've been hoping for for some time. It's great that you can merge locations by dragging them over each other in the list. I did notice one bug in this feature, that if you drag one place over another, and then change the text that you want them both to have, it changes the text but doesn't merge them.

There's another bug which is a bigger problem. I'm not sure how to isolate it, however. Basically right now when I click on a place I'm seeing info on the place right above the one I clicked on in the list. This also happens if I drag another place onto a place to nerge it - it shows the place above the one I draggd on to...

I am a little disappointed that there is still no structure to the locations (such as knowing what is a city, what is a country, etc.) and that there is no way to create a definitive location (from an existing list of known cities for example).

It would also be great if you could select multiple places and merge them all at once.

Also, one thing the Places list has shown me is that many records have notes in the Place field (from imported GEDCOMS) and it would be great if there was a way to move the info in the Place field to the Note field of that record from the list instead of having to open the record, going to the field and moving it. The new one-window interface actually makes this harder.
    Last edited by Frank; 11 May 2012, 11:54 AM.

Re: Merging Places (some bugs)

Originally posted by philipt18 View Post
    Also, one thing the Places list has shown me is that many records have notes in the Place field (from imported GEDCOMS) and it would be great if there was a way to move the info in the Place field to the Note field of that record from the list instead of having to open the record, going to the field and moving it. The new one-window interface actually makes this harder.
    I'm not sure if this will address your issue, but have you found the list window? Clicking the orange list window button at the bottom of the places sidebar will put your places in a separate window that has the list, usage report, notes, and geo info displayed simultaneously.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

...I did notice one bug in this feature, that if you drag one place over another, and then change the text that you want them both to have, it changes the text but doesn't merge them...
      I can duplicate this. It'll be fixed soon.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

...Basically right now when I click on a place I'm seeing info on the place right above the one I clicked on in the list. This also happens if I drag another place onto a place to nerge it - it shows the place above the one I draggd on to...
        We haven't see this, or received any similar reports. To make sure I understand, you're saying that you select a place in the Places sidebar, and the Usage, beneath the list of places, reflects the usage of the adjacent place? If that's what you're seeing, then we should take a look at your file. Please contact help@LeisterPro.com
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          We haven't see this, or received any similar reports. To make sure I understand, you're saying that you select a place in the Places sidebar, and the Usage, beneath the list of places, reflects the usage of the adjacent place? If that's what you're seeing, then we should take a look at your file. Please contact help@LeisterPro.com
          Yes, that's what I'm seeing. However, it came and went. First it worked okay, then I had that problem, then it went away. That's why I said I couldn't isolate it. If I figure out how to reproduce it, I'll post again.

I haven't had a ton of time to look at Reunion 10 closely, but I think I noticed something else also. It might be possible that changes I made to the Places list reverted back. I'm fairly certain some of the merged places showed up split again. Again, not something I can reproduce yet.

Comment

Working...
          X