X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"On This Date" report causes crash

Hi All

I've been playing with Reunion 10 and tried the 'On This Date' report. With my 2 largest Reunion databases of 4680 and 2714 people, Reunion consistently hung and then closed. With my smaller databases of 964 and 490 people, everything was fine. The other report styles worked perfectly.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

Jane
    Using OS10.7.3 on a Macbook

Re: "On This Date" report causes crash

The report 'On this Date' is made of a couple.
    So (I think) is not related to the amount of persons. Is this problem always present ? Choose another person , just click in the Person or Relative sidebar.
    I experience no problems with my database (about 20.000)
    Frans van Bodegom
    Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Hi

"So (I think) is not related to the amount of persons. Is this problem always present ? Choose another person , just click in the Person or Relative sidebar"

No, it's not related to the person. When I said 'consistently', I meant that I'd tried with various people and the problem remains. I've read the manual, of course, and I can't find anything that might help

Jane

Comment

Originally posted by Jane Davies View Post
        ...the 'On This Date' report. With my 2 largest Reunion databases of 4680 and 2714 people, Reunion consistently hung and then closed.
        Jane,

Can you send us one of the family files that hangs. Also, let us know which person to try.

You can send this to help@leisterpro.com.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

OK, so I've tried various things. First, I thought that the file hadn't converted properly and so I tried re-converting my old Reunion 9 file and at first, everything was fine. But when I tried modifying the appearance of the Family View, then things went pear-shaped again.
          After extensive fiddling around, and changing various parameters, I've pin-pointed the problem to the 'silhouettes' under the 'Miscellaneous' tab. If I set it to 'none' then the problem with the 'on this date' report reappears. Any other setting (symbol, portrait 2 etc) is fine.
          Turning off 'show preferred picture' doesn't affect this report, neither does turning the preferred picture off individually under any of the other tabs. I'm using the 'smart list' view, but this happens in other views, too.
          I've tried this with 4 different Reunion files and the result is always the same.
          Is this a bug?

Jane

Comment

Hi Greg
            Our messages crossed! Will send you one of the defective files and thanks for the prompt reply
            Jane

Comment

Originally posted by Jane Davies View Post
              ...I've pin-pointed the problem to the 'silhouettes' under the 'Miscellaneous' tab. If I set it to 'none' then the problem with the 'on this date' report reappears.
              Thanks Jane, that does pin-point the problem. No need to send your family file as I had just requested.

This will be fixed in the next free update.

For now, don't choose "None" for the Silhouettes.

Thanks for the details.
              Gregg Witmer
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Sounds like Jane would make an excellent test engineer.
                My Home Page: http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/

Comment

Working...
                X