This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media features in Reunion 10

I've been trying to understand the new media features in Reunion 10. Specifically, I was wondering if I could use Reunion as a sort of "Genealogy aware" photo database tool. What I'd love to be able to do is to attach all my scattered family photos to records in Reunion, and then use the finding and marking capabilities to subset them by family line and export them into folders that could be burned on a CD and sent to relatives.

For example, my photos are stored in folders now (for the most part) that correlate to the photo albums or boxes of physical photos from which they were scanned, or folders for whom I got them from - often with photos from multiple families all jumbled together. I like to maintain that organization so I can find an original quickly. But if I could get them all linked from Reunion, it would be neat if I could generate a new folder with copies of all the photo files that depict relatives of "Aunt Mary Smith" (and none of the people that are not related to Aunt Mary). I could then burn a CD for Aunt Mary from that folder and then delete it (since they were copies).

I read the Help articles but I don't see a way to create an export of media (copies of the original files) that are linked from records on a marked list. Am I missing something?

Don

Re: Media features in Reunion 10

When you export a Reunion Familyfile you can choose what to export from MM:
    No MM, only Preferred or all MM (that are linked to to marked persons)
    Copy them to a new folder (just give a checkmark in that window)
    Frans van Bodegom
    Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Originally posted by donworth View Post
      ...generate a new folder with copies of all the photo files that depict relatives of "Aunt Mary Smith" (and none of the people that are not related to Aunt Mary). I could then burn a CD for Aunt Mary from that folder and then delete it (since they were copies).
      You can do this with the Multimedia Usage Report.

Use the marking tools in Reunion to mark people linked to Aunt Mary and then in the Multimedia Usage, use the Settings (gear icon) to show media items for marked people only. Click the Tools (hammer icon) to copy the listed media items to a new folder.
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        You can do this with the Multimedia Usage Report.

Use the marking tools in Reunion to mark people linked to Aunt Mary and then in the Multimedia Usage, use the Settings (gear icon) to show media items for marked people only. Click the Tools (hammer icon) to copy the listed media items to a new folder.
        Impressive feature. I was looking for this also. Thank you.
        Reunion 10.0.1, Reunion for iPad and iPhone

Comment

Wonderful! Thanks so much!

Don

Comment

Working...
          X