This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incest

It looks like I have a case of incest in the past. Because the father's name was Charles and the son's name was also Charles I don't know who the father was. (He was listed as Charles Boston.)

How would I enter this into Reunion?

Re: Incest

I'd do more research first before entering data. Once you have the facts, your question isn't even necessary.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Re: Incest

Your question is unclear. If you don't know who the father is, how can you know that the child was born of incest? (I can think of some ways that this would happen, such as when you are told that someone's father was one of the mother's brothers, without being told which brother, but since you know that the father and son both have the same name, that doesn't seem to be the case you are encountering here.)

In general, though, Reunion allows you to link as parents a couple who are related closely enough for the coupling to be considered incestuous, such as siblings or parent/child or uncle/niece. You do it exactly the same way you link any other two persons already in the database, using either drag-and-drop or "Add spouse from Index", and then choosing "Unmarried" from the Marriage popup on the Edit Family screen.

Or is your actual question that you do not have a real case of incest, but you instead have what APPEARS to be incest in your file, due to accidentally entering someone in the wrong family, for example entering someone's child as their brother? That is, are you really just asking how to move someone into a different family?

Bottom line is that we are not going to be able to give advice on what steps you should follow without knowing more than you've told us about what both the state of your file and the state of reality are.
      Last edited by TeriPettit; 12 April 2012, 11:37 AM.
      My Home Page: http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/

Comment

Working...
      X