This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OS X Lion

I am thinking of upgrading from Snow Leopard to Lion operating system on my Mac and am wondering what other's experience in doing so has been. Does Reunion operate well with Lion? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Re: OS X Lion

I've had no issues.
    Best of luck...

Comment

No problems for me! Reunion is running fine.
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

I upgraded from Tiger to Lion when I purchased a new computer, so I also had to upgrade to Reunion 9. The Reunion upgrade occurred while still in Tiger and it went smoothly and I lost nothing in the process. And everything transferred seamlessly over to the new computer. No issues yet. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by phdionne View Post
          I am thinking of upgrading from Snow Leopard to Lion operating system on my Mac and am wondering what other's experience in doing so has been. Does Reunion operate well with Lion? Would appreciate your thoughts.
          I've been using Reunion with Lion for months now, and have had no problems whatsoever with Reunion. Upgrade went smoothly, nothing lost, no vanishing links. A-OK.

Comment

I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion with no problems. My personal problem was upgrading to Photoshop Elements 10 too soon as PS CS3 works fine and I still have Elements 8. The new software is still just sitting on my desk.

Janet
            Janet Mobley, Petaluma, CA:
            http://larkerobbinsfamily.net

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Mobley View Post
              I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion with no problems. My personal problem was upgrading to Photoshop Elements 10 too soon as PS CS3 works fine and I still have Elements 8. The new software is still just sitting on my desk.

Janet
              What was your problem with Elements 10? I still have Elements 6 and was thinking of going to 10, but maybe I shouldn't?
              Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
              http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

I was forced to purchase a new Mac when my old one was stolen from my home while I was sleeping. Lion was the extant OSX on the new machine. No problem whatsoever with Reunion. You might check to make sure your favorite apps will work on Lion though. I did lose the use of some apps, but Reunion - thanks be! - was not one of them.

Martha
                Click here to email me
                OS X 10.7.5, Reunion 9.0c
                http://www.avotaynu.com/books/tamar.htm

Comment

Everything transferred perfectly for me. The only thing I had to rethink had to do with the fact that I had purchased a new computer (hence the upgrade to Lion), and in the process upgraded to iLife 11 from iLife 08.
                  The short story is that I am figuring out that I need to organize my links from iPhoto to Reunion, multimedia-wise, a bit differently. This is not earth shaking, by any means.
                  It just means that I have to think about albums more in the iPhoto world, rather than events.

Comment

Through guidance from here I created a separate folder for my pictures dedicated to photos that I use in Multimedia. Yes it is duplication but well worth it. Two advantages that I see: 1) No concern about change in iPhoto directory structure. 2) I frequently move from my desktop to MacBook when I travel and this makes it easy to copy over the appropriate photos.
                    I've also upgraded to Aperture for the ability to use "Metadata" for my complete set of genealogy photos which are many more than those linked to Multimedia photos. I also prefer the organization capabilities of Aperture.
                    Richard Palmer
                    "Life is Good"
                    Click here to email me
                    Wahl&Schmidt-Germany; McCarbery-Ireland

Comment

i'm another happy user of reunion 9 with Lion.

Can someone please suggest a program which will allow me to add captions to photos and keep these with the file ?
                      Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Comment

Originally posted by rclrocco View Post
                        i'm another happy user of reunion 9 with Lion.

Can someone please suggest a program which will allow me to add captions to photos and keep these with the file ?
                        On the photo or just as part of the file information?? You'll get better answers if you let people know which.
                        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Sorry Bob, I meant with the photo, so that when viewing or emailing the photo, the caption is with it as part of the file. With older photos especially, I would prefer not to have the caption on the photo as it could be on top of some important detail or just look wrong.

What I've done to date with some photos is to import the photo into Word or Pages and adda line of text below the image, and resave that file. But that now seems a crude way of doing it - can't help thinking there must be a more elegant way, especially with macs and iPads etc
                          Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Comment

comments on files

If you are only concerned about sharing with other Mac users, you could enter it into the "Spotlight Comments" in the Get Info dialog (Command-I, top option on the screen, in blue, you may need to toggle the triangle down to get the data entry field).

Under the View menu, you can also set a folder to display a column for Comments.

Is that what you meant by "caption"?
                            My Home Page: http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rclrocco View Post
                              Sorry Bob, I meant with the photo, so that when viewing or emailing the photo, the caption is with it as part of the file. With older photos especially, I would prefer not to have the caption on the photo as it could be on top of some important detail or just look wrong.

What I've done to date with some photos is to import the photo into Word or Pages and adda line of text below the image, and resave that file. But that now seems a crude way of doing it - can't help thinking there must be a more elegant way, especially with macs and iPads etc
                              The photo software Graphic Converter has an excellent picture captioning capability in Version 6, and is very easy to use to get a nice centered multiline text under the picture, when you print it. (I'm still trying to figure out if (or how) it works in version 7.) In Version 6, under File, selecting "Edit IPTC" will bring up the captioning window. If you don't already have a copy, you can download it from <http://www.lemkesoft.com/xd/public/content/index._cGlkPTM0NA_.html>
                              and test it out for free, to see if it will do what you want. (I'm assuming the demo copy will allow you to test the captioning capability.)

Comment

Working...
                              X