X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Sierra 10.13.2

I am on Reunion 10 V10.0.6
    I switched to a new Mac with OS High Sierra Version 10.12
    My files opened without a problem but today I ran an OS update to High Sierra Version 10.13.2 and my reunion app and family fill will not open. I click on the app and it shows in the Dock but will not open the family file.

I copied the Reunion App from a backup drive I have and it now opens.
    Reunion will only work if I open the app on the external drive.
    Last edited by jimwalts; 09 December 2017, 02:16 PM.

Re: High Sierra 10.13.2

Originally posted by jimwalts View Post
    I am on Reunion 10 V10.0.6
    I switched to a new Mac with OS High Sierra Version 10.12
    My files opened without a problem but today I ran an OS update to High Sierra Version 10.13.2 and my reunion app and family fill will not open. I click on the app and it shows in the Dock but will not open the family file.

I copied the Reunion App from a backup drive I have and it now opens.
    Reunion will only work if I open the app on the external drive.
    It MAY be because High Sierra (10.13) can only open 64 bit apps.
    Think seriously about upgrading to Reunion 12; you'll love it!
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
      Think seriously about upgrading to Reunion 12; you'll love it!
      Thank You SGilbert, I am now on version 12 and all seems well.

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
        Just to clarify, High Sierra can run 32-bit applications. It will be the last version of macOS to run 32-bit applications "without compromise" -- Apple has yet to clarify what that means.

As for the cause of the problem, it was likely due to an incompatibility introduced in High Sierra related to having the child buttons shown in a list. Should anyone come across this thread who is running into this issue, there are two solutions:

1 - Upgrade to Reunion 12, as Jim did.

2 - Open the file on an older version of macOS and disable the "Buttons in a list" option (Reunion -> Preferences... , Family View, Children, Buttons). If you don't have a Mac running prior version of macOS, you can send the file to us and we'll disable that option.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Just to clarify, High Sierra can run 32-bit applications. It will be the last version of macOS to run 32-bit applications "without compromise" -- Apple has yet to clarify what that means.

As for the cause of the problem, it was likely due to an incompatibility introduced in High Sierra related to having the child buttons shown in a list. Should anyone come across this thread who is running into this issue, there are two solutions:

1 - Upgrade to Reunion 12, as Jim did.

2 - Open the file on an older version of macOS and disable the "Buttons in a list" option (Reunion -> Preferences... , Family View, Children, Buttons). If you don't have a Mac running prior version of macOS, you can send the file to us and we'll disable that option.

HTH
          Then I hope Leister Production will recompile Reunion 12 to 64-bit. Of course you need to test and perhaps debug Reunion, but it should be enough with recompiling and debugging the source code of Reunion 12 to 64-bit. No additional features are not necessary at this moment.

Otherwise Reunion users will either on next major MacOS:
          1) Not be able to run Reunion 12.
          2) Have performance hit, because Reunion is still a 32-bit application.

Users should not have to wait until next major update of Reunion, i.e. Reunion 13 (or 14 – if you skip the number 13) to get a 64-bit Reunion app.

EDIT: Never mind, I just recently updated Reunion 12 and it was now 64-bit! THANK YOU!
          Last edited by Christer Hellholm; 28 February 2018, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X