Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to notate a child when parents were not married?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to notate a child when parents were not married?

I have a woman in my Tree that had a child when she was unmarried, then later married a man (who was not the father of the first child) and had two additional children with her husband. How do I add the first (illegitimate) child to her family, since she was not married at the time the child was born. When I try to add the husband, Reunion assumes he is her second husband, which he isn't.
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Re: Best way to notate a child when parents were not married?

Easy, just add the 1st father, but change the marriage to 'unmarried'.
    If the 2nd father adopted the 1st child, add that, using existing child, to 2nd father, and change status to 'adopted'.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Re: Best way to notate a child when parents were not married?

Originally posted by thomprod View Post
      I have a woman in my Tree that had a child when she was unmarried, then later married a man (who was not the father of the first child) and had two additional children with her husband. How do I add the first (illegitimate) child to her family, since she was not married at the time the child was born. When I try to add the husband, Reunion assumes he is her second husband, which he isn't.
      The order of husband's can be changed once you have added the first after the second ...
      Click on the red down arrow at top right of wife's name box;
      From the drop down select "Spouses & children";
      Scroll down to "Edit Spouses ...";
      In the new window drag 1st husband above 2nd husband;
      While 1st husband is selected, click on "> Go";
      Add the child.
      Job done.
      Peter Cook
      Rossmoyne, Western Australia
      OSX 10.13.6 & iOS 12.4.6; Reunion 12.0 [200602];ReunionTouch 1.0.15

Comment

Working...