Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I change the source type for multiple sources all at once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I change the source type for multiple sources all at once?

I have hundreds of "Free Form" sources because they were imported from another program using a GEDCOM file. I'd like to change them to specific source types, such as Web Site and Email Message, but would prefer to do so in large blocks rather than one at a time. Is this possible?
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Re: Can I change the source type for multiple sources all at once?

No replies so far, so I'm bumping this post.
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

There's no way to change the source record type for more than one source at a time.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        There's no way to change the source record type for more than one source at a time.
        Thanks, Frank. It was worth asking. Might be a useful feature in a future release. Something like: Command-click or shift-click a range of sources, then right-click and select "change type".
        Steve Thomas

Comment

Re: Change Misc. Notes to Census

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          This is not directly related to thomprod's query but I have a similar problem in that I imported a GEDCOM which brought in all the Census records as Misc Notes. Is there any way, individually or otherwise, to change specific Misc Notes into Census? I realise I could change all the Misc Notes into Census by merging them but that wouldn't solve the problem because I have lots of other Misc Notes which are not Census records.

[edit]
          I have realised that Misc Notes is not a source template and that what I have in all my Reunion files is a Census type in Notes. What I want to do is to change Misc. Notes to Census in the left hand panel in Edit Person/Notes for entries which I want to change to the Census type.
          Last edited by Ian Downie; 31 December 2017, 03:12 PM. Reason: to clarify what I want to find out

Comment

Re: Change Misc. Notes to Census

Originally posted by Ian Downie View Post
            This is not directly related to thomprod's query but I have a similar problem in that I imported a GEDCOM which brought in all the Census records as Misc Notes. Is there any way, individually or otherwise, to change specific Misc Notes into Census? I realise I could change all the Misc Notes into Census by merging them but that wouldn't solve the problem because I have lots of other Misc Notes which are not Census records.

[edit]
            I have realised that Misc Notes is not a source template and that what I have in all my Reunion files is a Census type in Notes. What I want to do is to change Misc. Notes to Census in the left hand panel in Edit Person/Notes for entries which I want to change to the Census type.
            Take a look at the Reunion Preferences ------> Fields ------> Move Fields - you can Move fields from one type to another there - but some caveats - it will move ALL fields of the type you choose into the type you choose, so do this on a copy of your family file first and check afterward that it has only had the desired effect, and no instances of the undesired effect.

If you are using Miscellaneous Notes for other things apart from Census then this won't work.

Roger
            Roger Moffat
            http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
            http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Working...
            X