Finding data entries that do not have a source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding data entries that do not have a source

I need to find, for example, people for whom I have entered a DOB, but I haven't entered a supporting source. Any way to do this easily?

Joel
    Joel.alan.weiner@gmail.com

Re: Finding dat entries that do not have a source

If I understand the new feature correctly, this should be doable in Reunion 12.

- Open the Citations List

- For Who, select All people

- For Include, choose Citations in fields>Events>[the event you're interested in]

- This will create a list showing all the citations used for that event an the people they're associated with.

- Click on the "Marked" text on the bottom left corner of the list window and Select the Unmark Everybody in Family File, then Mark Everybody in List option at the top of the pop up menu.

- Go to the Navbar and select the Find panel, choose the "Unmarked" preset, and click the Find button.

- This will give you a list of people in the Sidebar who have no citations for that event.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Finding dat entries that do not have a source

Correction:

You'll have to combine a search of unmarked people AND people whose event is not blank.
      Last edited by ttl; 27 November 2017, 12:05 PM. Reason: Added the word "not".
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Finding data entries that do not have a source

Originally posted by JoelWeiner View Post
        I need to find, for example, people for whom I have entered a DOB, but I haven't entered a supporting source. Any way to do this easily?
        Another approach, using Reunion 12, is to select Find from the navbar on the left. And then set up a 2-condition search like this...

# of Citations, Birth -- Equal -- 0
        AND
        Birth Date -- Is Not -- [empty]
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X