Best Way to Record Multiple Marriage Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way to Record Multiple Marriage Dates

I have ancestors with diffent dates from different records for marriage. Is there a way to enter both in Reunion other than recording the second date in the Notes field? I'm hoping for a more elegant solution.

Thanks!

Claire

Re: Best Way to Record Multiple Marriage Dates

Could there have been a divorce and then remarriage?
    If not, Notes is all I've got too.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by claires View Post
      I have ancestors with diffent dates from different records for marriage. Is there a way to enter both in Reunion other than recording the second date in the Notes field? I'm hoping for a more elegant solution.

Thanks!

Claire
      You can enter multiple Marriage events by going to the Events tab when you are viewing the "primary" Marriage event information. Here you can add more Marriage, Divorce, Engagement, Sealing, Seperation, etc. events in the same way you might enter multiple Census, Employment, or Residence events for an individual.

While this does not elevate the other marriages to quite the same level in the user interface as the first one I think it is equivalent in the internal representation and probably any exported GEDCOM. It also gives you use of the other typical event fields (Date, Place and Memo), and citation sourcing for each field.

I think that's better than the more generic Notes solution.
      Howard Fink
      knowHow@mac.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Fink View Post
        You can enter multiple Marriage events by going to the Events tab when you are viewing the "primary" Marriage event information. Here you can add more Marriage, Divorce, Engagement, Sealing, Seperation, etc. events in the same way you might enter multiple Census, Employment, or Residence events for an individual.

While this does not elevate the other marriages to quite the same level in the user interface as the first one I think it is equivalent in the internal representation and probably any exported GEDCOM. It also gives you use of the other typical event fields (Date, Place and Memo), and citation sourcing for each field.

Thanks! This sounds feasible.

Claire

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
          Could there have been a divorce and then remarriage?
          If not, Notes is all I've got too.
          I wish! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Fink View Post

That's a great idea! I'll try it.

Comment

Working...
            X