Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Efficient Way to use FileZillla to upload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Efficient Way to use FileZillla to upload?

I've been using Filezilla to upload my Web Family Cards to my website, but I'm not sure I'm doing it the most efficient way.

The first upload (4500+ people) took about half an hour. I was thinking that making minor changes wouldn't take that long, but it still took the same time.

I thought the second time wouldn't take as long as I think I had Filezilla set to only overwrite newer files, but then it occurred to me that simply preparing the Web Cards though the Reunion app would automatically put a newer date on all files (wouldn't it?), so I think Filezilla thought everything was new.

I think another option is to only overwrite files with different sizes, which would probably catch updated files.

Any other settings I should try? I'd hate to think every minor change is going to take half an hour to upload every time.

thanks...
    Last edited by Jerry Grefenstette; 22 October 2017, 07:53 PM.

Re: Most Efficient Way to use FileZillla to upload?

Hi Jerry,

I think the Reunion Web Tool might be helpful here. You can use it to compare a newer web project with an older one and get a folder containing just the files that are new or have changed.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X