Biological Parent in Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biological Parent in Charts

Is it possible for charts to show a child's biological mother as well as it's adoptive parents. I have entered the biological mother's data as described in Help. She shows up in the family view as expected. But neither of the charts show the biological mother. Any ideas?
    Robin
    Victoria, Australia

Re: Biological Parent in Charts

Originally posted by Robin Helmond View Post
    Is it possible for charts to show a child's biological mother as well as it's adoptive parents. I have entered the biological mother's data as described in Help. She shows up in the family view as expected. But neither of the charts show the biological mother. Any ideas?
    As far as I know, you can have a chart show either set of parents (by making them the "preferred" set) but you can't have a chart show both.

What you *could* do is make two charts then combine them in a drawing program.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: Biological Parent in Charts

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      As far as I know, you can have a chart show either set of parents (by making them the "preferred" set) but you can't have a chart show both.

What you *could* do is make two charts then combine them in a drawing program.
      The 'preferred parents' is something I hadn't thought of, thanks Dennis. Doing a little cut and paste is something I have done before with charts, so that may be the way.

Funnily enough, it turns out that the biological father may be the adoptive father. That's a twist.
      Robin
      Victoria, Australia

Comment

Working...
      X