Taking commas out of citations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking commas out of citations

I am wondering how to set up a citation using the source fields where there is not a comma in the citation. There are sometimes that you need to have a colon following a field, but then don't need a comma.

Thank you.Carole

Re: Taking commas out of citations

Carole, I cannot help you. I am wondering the same thing. I would like to have my own punctuation in sources.

The only thing I have found to do so far, it to edit the sources when I print them out (or save them as text or pdf files.

Comment

Originally posted by CAshbridge View Post
      I am wondering how to set up a citation using the source fields where there is not a comma in the citation. There are sometimes that you need to have a colon following a field, but then don't need a comma.
      Hi Carole,

What you're looking for is the "delimiter" character. It looks like it is programmed into Reunion and not in itself editable. (This is based on my reading of the manual.)

Sue's solution may be a good workaround. There's a number of discussions about citation styling in ReunionTalk. I think Leister would have to build a very flexible citation editor into a future version of Reunion to respond to all the various requests. Their current solution is certainly adequate, and allows some flexibility in order and text styling.

It is an area where they could make some users happy by developing an area of the app that seems a bit limited.
      --
      Matt McCaffrey

Proprietor of the "family business" since 2015

Researching McCaffrey, Duffy, Garrow/Garand/Garant, Alden, Cadieux, Gagne

Comment

Originally posted by CAshbridge View Post
        Do you HAVE to use the Source Fields?

You could leave them all blank, and enter the Source exactly as you want it in the Freeform Text tab of the Source, complete with formatting and punctuation. As long as you output using Reunion this will all stay intact.

Roger
        Roger Moffat
        http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
        http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Working...
        X