Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dropbox eliminating Public folder

Originally posted by David Moody View Post
    I am trying to find a new host for my genealogy website. In view of the limited discussion on ReunionTalk, I assume most of you with websites are not using Dropbox. It would be very helpful for many of us if those successfully using hosts that "allow uploading of custom web pages" and can duplicate <moodylapointe.com> would post the name and contact information of your host(s). Thank you. deltalimemike@gmail.com
    I highly recommend ICDsoft. They have been very reliable for me for over 10 years, and inexpensive. For your domain name, you request that the name be "pointed" at their servers, and their support can help you with that. (They will also register new names very inexpensively.)

Two points, though: This is a genuine hosting service, not an intermediary like Wix. That means you will have to learn about a couple of things like FTP and have a way to transfer your files to your server. The other is that they will not provide content for you; whatever you want to have appear on your server, you need to provide, yourself.

On the other hand, if you are willing to pay the "rack rate" of $6/month, renewing at $4.80 a month after the first year, you end up with a first-rate hosting service that can do just about anything on the Internet for you. Their service and support are very responsive (always within one hour from the time you open a ticket, often much sooner, and unfailingly courteous with a "no dumb questions" policy).

icdsoft.com if you'd like to look for yourself (the "Economy" plan is more than enough capacity for family tree hosting).

My tree is hosted at:

mccaffrey.onelane.org

Hope this helps,
    --
    Matt McCaffrey

Proprietor of the "family business" since 2015

Researching McCaffrey, Duffy, Garrow/Garand/Garant, Alden, Cadieux, Gagne

Comment

Working...
    X