Register Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Register Report

Help! It's driving me crazy that my Register report has marriages in the wrong order. What do I have setup wrong so that the report comes out as shown below, with the marriage dates right, but it's listing the later marriage (1883) as the first, and the earlier marriage (1870) as the second?

-------------
    4. Carl L (Karl) Johnson (Jan Herliksson1). Carl L (Karl) died in Mamre, Kandiyohi County, Minnesota, on 29 Jul 1885; he was 48. Buried in Salem Covenant Church, Pennock, Kandiyohi County, Minnesota. Born on 6 Apr 1837 in Halla, Grums, Värmland, Sweden.

In 1883 when Carl L (Karl) was 45, he first married Kristina Johnson. Born in Oct 1852 in Värmland, Sweden. Kristina died in 1931; she was 78.

They had the following children:
    8 i. Lydia Johnson (1884-1896)
    9 ii. Emma Johnson (1886-1900)

In 1870 when Carl L (Karl) was 32, he second married Anna Charlotte Karlsdotter in Sweden. Anna Charlotte died in Grums, Värmland, Sweden, on 28 Jan 1881; she was 36. Born on 1 Apr 1844 in Nedre Ullerud, Värmland, Sweden.

They had the following children:
    10 i. Carl Gustaf Johnson (1871-1871)
    11 ii. Hulda Johnson (8 Feb 1872-13 Oct 1949)

Re: Register Report

Originally posted by rickj View Post
    my Register report has marriages in the wrong order. What do I have setup wrong so that the report comes out as shown below, with the marriage dates right, but it's listing the later marriage (1883) as the first, and the earlier marriage (1870) as the second?
    Probably the marriages are in the wrong order in your file. (They're not automatically arranged in chronological order.)

To fix it, you just go to Carl Johnson's card, click on the red-downward-pointing triangle in his person button (the "Person Menu button"), select "Edit Spouses..." from the drop-down menu, and either click the "Sort" button or drag the marriages into the order you want.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      Probably the marriages are in the wrong order in your file. (They're not automatically arranged in chronological order.)

To fix it, you just go to Carl Johnson's card, click on the red-downward-pointing triangle in his person button (the "Person Menu button"), select "Edit Spouses..." from the drop-down menu, and either click the "Sort" button or drag the marriages into the order you want.
      Thank you. Now looking for a way to mass sort all marriages (like you can children) in my file!

Comment

Originally posted by rickj View Post
        Thank you. Now looking for a way to mass sort all marriages (like you can children) in my file!
        I am reasonably confidant that there is no such mass sort on all marriages. If you want one you should request it on the want list....
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
        X