No Thumbnail when I drag .jpeg file onto Multimedia Sidebar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Thumbnail when I drag .jpeg file onto Multimedia Sidebar

I have recently swapped using Reunion 10 on my MacBook for my Mac mini (mid 2011, OSX 10.11.6). Now I find that when I drag an image file onto the Multimedia Sidebar, there is no thumbnail of the image, rather the icon of the "camera". When I double click on that icon, the image opens correctly.
    Any ideas on why this happens?

Re: No Thumbnail when I drag .jpeg file onto Multimedia Sidebar

Have you tried the repair routines? In Reunion prefs, choose Multimedia. Near the bottom of the resulting box, there are button to repair links and rebuild thumbnails. Most of the time one or both will solve your problem.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Have you tried the repair routines? In Reunion prefs, choose Multimedia. Near the bottom of the resulting box, there are button to repair links and rebuild thumbnails. Most of the time one or both will solve your problem.
      Thanks Bob for this ... I tried it, but unfortunately, "No repair necessary. All multimedia links were validated." message came up.

When I double click on the "camera" icon, the file opens correctly. It is just the thumbnail that is not correct.

mmmmm???

Bill

Comment

I thought that I had found the answer to my question ... before moving to my Mac mini, I backed up my main Family File Package but it was this backup file that I used on my Mac mini, instead of the original working file. I thought that the difference in file sizes had excluded something i.e. 137Mb as against 38Mb. BUT, when I used the the copied-across Original working file, the same thing has happened again.

The programme works fine on the MacBook. It also works fine with the Reunion 10 Sample on the Mac Mini ...

So the problem must be with the copy of the Original working file ...

I recopied the Original working file with a flash drive, rather than my Backup drive .... and it now works perfectly! So, the problem was the use of the 1Tb drive (which I use Time Machine). STRANGE
        Last edited by Bill H; 20 October 2016, 05:58 AM. Reason: Ongoing process of ellimination to find problem

Comment

Working...
        X