A chart for cousins of cousins ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A chart for cousins of cousins ?

I have been asked by the cousin of a cousin to show how she and I are related. The relationship is that my aunt married her great-uncle. Is it possible in R11 to construct a chart that will show this, and, if so, how does one do it ?

Re: A chart for cousins of cousins ?

Go to the Find panel (chosen in the upper left). There is a "find relationship...." there. From the right hand side People list, drag one cousin into the Person 1 line and the other to Person 2. Click Find Relationship. It will give you text describing the relationship. Over to the right, you will now see a button labeled Create Chart. In a few seconds, you will have exactly what your aunt asks for.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

The text that is appearing when I do that is "No relationship." I quite understand that cousins-of-cousins may have no blood relationship, but I am hoping that R11 will show what is our non-blood relationship. I am going to persevere, and I shall report back. Meanwhile, thank you for your guidance.

Comment

I believe the key to this function is having a common ancestor. It may be that you don't have enough ancestors yet in your file to find that common ancestor.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thank you, Yes, of course that makes sense

Comment

Working...
          X