Gedcom has husband in it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gedcom has husband in it....

I posted this on the Reunion Facebook page but I am so frustrated I am posting it here too....

I am very frustrated this afternoon. I thought I would upload gedcoms to GEDmatch. Some of my kits don't have any gedcoms and others need to be updated.
    I went to one of the people who's kit I manage and I just wanted to do his ancestors so I went to Mark and All Relatives of RR and selected unmark everyone first. I now have a group of marked people so I went to Export and selected gedcom, marked people. Keep in mind that RR is a match on my side of the family and he has no connection to my husband's side of the family. My husband shouldn't be included in the gedcom at all.
    So I went to GEDmatch and imported the gedcom. Put in the kit number for RR and since there weren't very many people in the upload it didn't take any time at all. BUT lo and behold THERE IS MY HUSBAND as the point person! UGH!!!
    I looked at the beginning of the gedcom and there is my husband's name listed along with our OLD ADDRESS!!! Where is that coming from? I checked in Reunion to see if I had changed my contact information and sure enough, it's changed. I don't have ANY contact information in my husband's family card.
    So anybody know what is going on? Trying to do a good thing and it's backfiring! I am using Reunion 11.0.10 on my Mac running Sierra. Thank you for any help!
    2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

Re: Gedcom has husband in it....

Originally posted by mrstucci View Post
    I posted this on the Reunion Facebook page...
    I'm not sure which Facebook page you posted to, but our official Facebook page is not the appropriate place to post questions. You should either post them here, or email us.

I looked at the beginning of the gedcom and there is my husband's name listed along with our OLD ADDRESS!!! Where is that coming from?
    One possibility is that it's the submitter information, which can be modified by clicking the "Submitter..." button in the window that drops-down after selecting:

File -> Export -> GEDCOM...

Although it's certainly possible it could be getting into the GEDCOM some other way. The easiest way for us to determine what's occurring would be to send us your family file along with the GEDCOM file and details on the information that is being exported that you don't want exported.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      I'm not sure which Facebook page you posted to, but our official Facebook page is not the appropriate place to post questions. You should either post them here, or email us.

One possibility is that it's the submitter information, which can be modified by clicking the "Submitter..." button in the window that drops-down after selecting:

File -> Export -> GEDCOM...
      This is the Facebook group that I follow is where Reunion users can post whatever we want about using Reunion https://www.facebook.com/groups/ever...?ref=bookmarks. "A resource for genealogists and family historians who are using or want to learn to use Evernote. We'll discuss tips, tricks, how tos and respond to questions from others."

I checked the submitter information and it's current. I will send you my gedcom that I am having issues with. Thank you, Judy

Comment

Originally posted by mrstucci View Post
        This is the Facebook group that I follow is where Reunion users can post whatever we want about using Reunion https://www.facebook.com/groups/ever...?ref=bookmarks. "A resource for genealogists and family historians who are using or want to learn to use Evernote. We'll discuss tips, tricks, how tos and respond to questions from others."

I checked the submitter information and it's current. I will send you my gedcom that I am having issues with. Thank you, Judy
        SOLVED! Thanks to Mark Harrison my frustration is over. I thought I would post the solutions to my issues in the hopes it might help someone else.

The answer to my husband showing up in the gedcom is because when I chose Marked People I checked to include spouses. Duh! So since I am RR's 4th cousin, I was checked and my husband was checked.

As for the old contact information... I did not realize that there was another place that the contact information was stored. I learned from Mark that when I have the family card open and go to the Edit menu bar option, there it is, the contact information. So I deleted all that information.

I am very grateful for Mark's help and I got the help very quickly. I am frustration free!

Comment

Working...
        X