Reunion won't launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion won't launch

Hello. I've been working on my tree a lot recently and then yesterday i went to open the application and it won't. I know the data is on my computer, but the application won't launch. Tried restarting. it's the only application on my MacBook pro that won't open. Has anyone else had this issue - any advice would be welcome. thanks, Tony

Re: Reunion won't launch

Hi Tony,

Please try deleting preferences as outlined in #3 under "Things to try..." on this page.

(You can ignore the rest of the instructions on that page.)

If Reunion still won't open, let us know.

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Hi Tony,

Please try deleting preferences as outlined in #3 under "Things to try..." on this page.

Thanks,
      Mark - thanks for getting back to me. I put my Reunion preferences file in the trash and emptied it, and Reunion still won't launch. I'm getting worried, but will look for your next suggestion. Thanks.
      Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

If you open a Finder window and navigate to:

Documents/Reunion Files/

Do you see the Sample Family 11 file there? If so, try double-clicking on it and see if it will open.

If it will then the problem is likely with your family file - in that case I'd recommend sending the file to us; we should be able to determine and fix the cause of the problem.

For details on sending us your family file, please see this FAQ.

If the Sample Family 11 file won't open either, please let us know.

Thanks,
        Mark Harrison

Comment

If you open a Finder window and navigate to:
          Documents/Reunion Files/
          Do you see the Sample Family 11 file there? If so, try double-clicking on it and see if it will open.
          If it will then the problem is likely with your family file - in that case I'd recommend sending the file to us; we should be able to determine and fix the cause of the problem.
          For details on sending us your family file, please see this FAQ.
          If the Sample Family 11 file won't open either, please let us know...
          Hi Mark,
          I am not sure if I am doing this correctly, but I have the same problem as Tony. I tried opening the Sample Family and nothing happens. I had hoped to use my Time Machine backup to correct a major error in printing, but am unable to open the file. I am at wits end at this point and will appreciate any hints on how to correct this. Thank you in advance.....

Comment

Hi L Howerter,

If you're unable to open the Sample Family file, then you should follow the instructions I mentioned in my first reply -- specifically, delete preferences as outlined in #3 under "Things to try..." in this FAQ.

HTH
            Mark Harrison

Comment

Hi Tony,

Thanks,
              I tried what you quoted and the pinwheel spun, a small progress bar opened entitled 'caching pieces' and nothing else. PS. I think the second word was 'pieces' because it went rather fast.

Comment

Most likely the message was "Caching Places".

If you're still not able to open the file after deleting preferences, then I'd recommend sending the file to us using one of the methods outlined here, we should be able to determine why it won't open.
                Mark Harrison

Comment

Working...
                X