Dividing lines in reports and family group sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dividing lines in reports and family group sheets

I am using Reunion 10.0.3. In the Reunion preferences, I can tell it to leave the “dividing line” empty in reports and family group sheets. But, when I re-open Reunion again, the dividing lines are there. I used to be able to tell Reunion 10.0.3 to not use them, and they wouldn’t appear again until I changed that preference.

Re: Dividing lines in reports and family group sheets

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
    I am using Reunion 10.0.3. In the Reunion preferences, I can tell it to leave the “dividing line” empty in reports and family group sheets. But, when I re-open Reunion again, the dividing lines are there. I used to be able to tell Reunion 10.0.3 to not use them, and they wouldn’t appear again until I changed that preference.
    Try using a "non-breaking space" character in the dividing line field.

(A non-breaking space can be created by pressing Option-Space.)

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I tried that, but it still leaves the dividing line in register reports and family group sheets.

Like I mentioned earlier, I had been able in the past, delete the dividing line in preferences and it wouldn't show up again until I changed it back.

Now, EACH time I do any family group sheet or register report, I have to go into preferences and delete the line, which is a hassle.
      Last edited by brcox1; 23 September 2016, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I am still looking for an answer to my problem.

Comment

Here's how Reunion 10 works with regard to the dividing lines in text reports:

If you have any character at all in the dividing line (Preferences > Reports > Dividing Line), then that/those characters will be remembered if you Quit and re-open Reunion.

If you make the dividing line empty (by deleting all characters in Preferences > Reports > Dividing Line), then when you Quit and re-open Reunion, the dividing line will be repopulated with the default string of dashes.

So the remedy is to enter the Option-Space character into the dividing line in the prefs. That will appear exactly like an empty line in your text reports; however it will be retained when quitting and re-opening Reunion (because the dividing line field is not "empty" even though it looks blank).

Whether you delete the dividing line in the prefs, or use the Option-Space character in the prefs, the result is the same in text reports (an empty line); however the Option-Space character will be remembered when quitting and re-opening Reunion.
          Frank Leister
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Like I said earlier, I used to be able to delete the characters for the dividing line in preferences in Reunion 10 and not have to do it every time. But, now, that's not the case. I don't know why, though.

Comment

Thanks, Mark!! I tried it again and so far it does work.

Comment

Working...
              X