Reunion and Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion and Ancestry

I am sure it is somewhere in the instruction but how I put my family tree on Ancestry
    Tony

Re: Reunion and Ancestry

Although I haven't done it, you'll need to create a Gedcom file and upload it to Ancestry.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

In the GEDCOM export dialog box, don't forget to pop up Destination and choose Ancestry.com. You will have less headaches at the Ancestry end by using this.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
        In the GEDCOM export dialog box, don't forget to pop up Destination and choose Ancestry.com. You will have less headaches at the Ancestry end by using this.
        Apologies for my ignorance but WHAT IS A GEDCOM FILE and a how to I find it
        Tony

Comment

GEDCOM is a standardized text format for exchanging data between different genealogy programs. Essentially, one program creates an export text file in this GEDCOM format then the second program can import the data into proper fields by reading the tags that were attached to each piece of data during export.

File menu > Export > GEDCOM > choose the above mentioned popup choice. At the Ancestry end, choose Trees in the top menu line then Create and Manage Trees. When the next window appears, you will see an Upload GEDCOM choice.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
          X