This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multimedia

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I decided to add multimedia (png) images. I set preferences to search my desktop (first place I have the files before filing); search the family's image folder too. I excluded both my external drives and the Pictures folder.

When I click the + sign, the window opens to the Pictures folder. How do I get it to recognize my settings?
    ====
    macRBC
    Reunion user since 2009
    macOS 10.11.16 El Capitan
    Reunion v11.0.11

Re: Multimedia

The setting for where to search for missing multimedia items is separate from the setting that determines what folder Reunion displays when you add an image.

The setting that you want to change is:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Folders, Multimedia

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      The setting for where to search for missing multimedia items is separate from the setting that determines what folder Reunion displays when you add an image.

HTH
      Found it. It's not an obvious choice for the settings when I see option for Multimedia. I didn't use help as I couldn't think of wording to search.
      ====
      macRBC
      Reunion user since 2009
      macOS 10.11.16 El Capitan
      Reunion v11.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

HTH
        Mark, from the wording here, I thought this was going to be the setting for searching for multimedia items. But when I went there, it says, "When adding multimedia items, go to..."
        So, if what you specified is for adding, please post the setting for searching for missing or broken-link multimedia, thanks.

Comment

The "Multimedia Search Folders" setting can be found in:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Multimedia

HTH
          Mark Harrison

Comment

All of my media files did not get associated correctly when I transferred from my Macbook (using Reunion 9.0c to my MacBook Pro using Reunion 11)

........HOWEVER yesterday (before upgrading and using the old synching system for iPads) everything transferred fine. All of the material is there.

HOW CAN IT BE THAT REUNION 11 working with the exact same files didn't transfer? How do we make the 500+ photos link correctly!!! Very, very frustrated but excited by Reunion 11 .

Comment

Hi Elisa,

Originally posted by Elisa View Post
              How do we make the 500+ photos link correctly!
              The first thing to try would be to go to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Multimedia

And make sure the folder(s) containing the photos are listed under "Multimedia Search Folders" (if not, use the + below that list to add the folders), then click "Repair Multimedia Links...".

Keep in mind that the original image files need to be transferred from your old Mac to your new one. If you haven't done that, you'll need to do that before doing the above.

(FYI, for future reference, your post would have been better made as it's own thread instead of as a reply to this thread.)

HTH
              Mark Harrison

Comment

Working...
              X