This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Descendant chart box contents

I am a relatively new user of Reunion 11, having migrated from FTM after several years in view of the announced withdrawal of support for that software. Even tho' FTM support may now be continuing to some degree, I am happy with the change, but am still feeling my way. I would like help re defining the contents of boxes in descendant charts, which seem automatically to include, for example, full D-M-Y dates, and places of birth, marriage and death if recorded in the individual's person files. This takes a lot of space. I have a 10 generation chart containing over 200 individuals which requires nearly 20 pages of A4 paper to print. In FTM I could print a bare-bones descendant chart where boxes contained only names, years of birth, death, and the whole 200 names could be contained on 3-4 A4 pages. I have reviewed the on-line help pages which show how more data items can be added to box content but not how what seems to be the default content, if data is available, can be reduced.

Re: Descendant chart box contents

While I haven't gone through with the printing of the report, it looks to me like when you click on define a layout for the descendant report you would simply uncheck some of the items that already have check boxes make to reduce what is shown. Not too dis-similar from defining a layout in the web project which I have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tookey View Post
      ...I would like help re defining the contents of boxes in descendant charts...
      Descendant charts (and most other charts and reports) have a Layout button/menu. That's the key to dig deeper and tell Reunion exactly how much or little you'd like included with each person in the chart/report. And you can define/save multiple layouts for each chart/report for different purposes.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks to jamills706 and Frank for your helpful replies. Clearly I hadn't fully explored the options available. After some more experimenting and also by playing with sizing options in 'page set up', I have managed significantly to reduce the number of pages required in printing.

Comment

Working...
        X