This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing All Spouses on a Chart

Either I have a mental block or the chart part of Reunion changed somewhere in the past several years. I want to produce a descendant chart that displays all spouses when someone has multiple marriages. A sample from the past is attached.

I have older saved charts that did this but I cannot seem to find a way to do this in the current Reunion 11.

Is the ability gone from the current version? Or is it me?
    Attached Files
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Re: Showing All Spouses on a Chart

Hey Bob, I wasn't aware there was a way NOT to include multiple spouses in a descendant chart. Is it possible you have the Prune - Marked Descendants Only option checked, with some of the spouses unmarked?
    Last edited by ttl; 30 August 2016, 12:32 PM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Either I have a mental block or the chart part of Reunion changed somewhere in the past several years. I want to produce a descendant chart that displays all spouses when someone has multiple marriages. A sample from the past is attached.

I have older saved charts that did this but I cannot seem to find a way to do this in the current Reunion 11.

Is the ability gone from the current version? Or is it me?
      This can be an issue if you are referring to the top person in your chart; all of their descendants should have all spouses shown.

The issue is that the top person isn't a person, but a couple, and you can't have more than one couple at the top. The workaround is to start your chart from a generation above the person you want at the top in order to get all of their partners. Then, if you want, you hide the highest level by doing something like making their box, text and connecting line white. Note that you can even create a fake parent in order to use this trick.
      Howard Fink
      knowHow@mac.com

Comment

NEVER MIND! The joke is on me. Stop the presses!

I went back into old charts to show someone a sample (the first screenshot) then tried walking them through doing one themselves using this same set of parents. It wouldn't do it and I went crazy incl. this posting.

Little did I notice that the spouse Grace had, in the meantime, moved into the first box and that the second spouse was gone. This is explained by the earlier "good" information that there were twins named Grace and Catherine. I later verified that there was only Grace.

This morning I did my grandparents as the top. Yep, all three of my mother's husbands show and all five of my father's wives show. I know.... makes for a very interesting chart.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
        X