X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privacy and sensitivity

Can I have two classes of privacy?
    1. I want to omit in my web report some individuals altogether. For these, I can set a "Private" flag which will result in "(Private, Male)".
    2. For some other people, I want to omit individual information, such as date of birth and profession, but keep the full name.
    Can I achieve this?
    http://dardel.info/genealogie/wc_toc_E.html

Re: Privacy and sensitivity

Originally posted by Dardel View Post
    Can I have two classes of privacy?
    1. I want to omit in my web report some individuals altogether. For these, I can set a "Private" flag which will result in "(Private, Male)".
    2. For some other people, I want to omit individual information, such as date of birth and profession, but keep the full name.
    Can I achieve this?
    No answer = not feasible?
    http://dardel.info/genealogie/wc_toc_E.html

Comment

I don't have the details right here, but there is a level of sensitivity that allows you to omit any text included between certain specific brackets. [ and ] maybe? Or perhaps it's settable? Thus, you can have only one sentence that needs to be omitted. Does this, perhaps, help? I don't know if you can put existing *fields* (such as date of birth or profession), but if you move those facts to a text field, you can exclude them.

Also, bump .... in case this makes somebody else think of the correct way to do what you want.

Comment

Look for "privacy" in the manual ["?" icon on the bottom left] which offers a lot of information. You have some ability to limit shared information.

Specifically, you could "mark" certain people each time before running a report and change your privacy settings settings of what is shown for marked people (how or if the name is listed, if you want to include birth, death, and marriage years, etc.).

Similarly, you can flag a person as "private" and then go into settings to decide what information to show for that person.

In addition to the "privacy" features, there are "sensitivity" ones too. Any information in these brackets {sensitive} in your notes would excluded (if you changed your settings accordingly).

One can mark multimedia as sensitive too in the media window.

Over time, Reunion is doing a better job making an effort to enable privacy features.
        Bradley Jansen
        OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Working...
        X