This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding the last person entered

I'm working on a one name family file and have been entering marriage records from an online database and I would like to continue entering after the last person I've entered. Is their a shortcut to get to the last person entered?

Re: Finding the last person entered

Originally posted by Gerald Wright View Post
    I'm working on a one name family file and have been entering marriage records from an online database and I would like to continue entering after the last person I've entered. Is their a shortcut to get to the last person entered?
    I'm not sure what you mean by entering "after" the last person you entered. All entries are assigned numbers in the order you enter them; if an entry is deleted then that number is re-used before another number is added.

If you have closed the file, and reopened it, pressing the back arrow should get you to the last person you were viewing. But I'm not sure that's what you want.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

...Is their a shortcut to get to the last person entered?
      The History button (the little "H" at the bottom of the family view) may also be helpful. It shows you which records you've recently visited.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Another possibility is to make use of the Bookmarks sidebar. If you’re not using it for anything else, you could put the last person you enter in the Bookmarks sidebar before ending your Reunion session, and then consult the Bookmarks sidebar the next time you open Reunion. Of course you’ll have to clear out the sidebar before adding your new “last person” each time. Not exactly an automated approach but it should work. Be sure to consult the Reunion Manual and search for “bookmarks.”
        Bruce Winton Christopher
        Environment: Reunion 14 build 240325; macOS 10.15.7
        bruce@bwchristopher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          The History button (the little "H" at the bottom of the family view) may also be helpful. It shows you which records you've recently visited.
          Thanks for the quick and informative response. The H is another feature I had not previously used, I've now added it to my bag of tools.

What I was hoping for is to review only the most recent additions to my "one-name" family file and not the family cards I've visited. I'm in the process of adding marriage records from an online database and I wanted to go back through just those additions to review if I had completely entered all the correct information.

Comment

Thanks for the quick and informative response. The H is another feature I had not previously used, I've now added it to my bag of tools.

What I was hoping for is to review only the most recent additions to my "one-name" family file and not the family cards I've visited. I'm in the process of adding marriage records from an online database and I wanted to go back through just those additions to review if I had completely entered all the correct information.
            You can also do a "find" with the magnifying glass icon - under presets is "changed today" or "this week".

Comment

Working...
            X