This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overview

I loved Reunion 9 and held off upgrading until now. While I see some new features I'll enjoy, I already miss Overview. It had its limitations, but I could just print off a quick page and take it with me for research. Since it had the information I needed, I used it often. Treeview won't do the same thing. If Overview were added to Reunion 9 in a later update, I'd love it.

Re: Overview

I think that Tree View is a large improvement over the old Overview. You can select the number of generations up and down, control the sizing and, by using the action box, you can email it, print it or copy into your Mac clipboard. Under Print, you can save as PDF thereby being able to give anyone a document that any computer or smartphone or tablet can open.

I would recommend your giving it a closer look.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen G View Post
      ...I already miss Overview. It had its limitations, but I could just print off a quick page and take it with me for research. Since it had the information I needed, I used it often. Treeview won't do the same thing...
      To print the Treeview page, click the blue Share icon (rectangle with arrow pointing up) that appears below the Treeview chart. Then select Preview/Print from the popup list.
      Byron Spoon

Comment

In Reunion 9, the "Overview" appeared only in pedigree format (start with one person and showing ancestors, up to 5 generations total).

In Reunion 10 and 11, the "Tree View" defaults to the hourglass format (which shows ancestors and descendants simultaneously) and can show many more generations.

Using the Settings button (the gear icon, under the Tree View) you can make the Tree View look pretty much like the old Overview by selecting the pedigree format. And there are options as to what you'd like to include in each box too.
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X