This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to project onto TV?

Is it possible to project my Reunion files/family pages and/or charts onto a TV? My files are large and printing charts for a family reunion is cost prohibitive. Apple TV streams, will it project Reunion? Are there other options available?
    Thanks.

Re: Possible to project onto TV?

I can use my TV as an external monitor, but the resolution leaves a bit to be desired. I use an HDMI cable, and a separate input on the TV. Your setup may be different.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Airplay will mirror your computer, tablet or iPhone screen through the Apple TV, but the result will depend on the resolution of the TV.

Comment

Here is more info from Apple...

Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank you all for great options and ideas. I now can proceed!

Cheryl

Comment

AirParrot is worth exploring (and very inexpensive). It works better than the built-in AirPlay.

Supercharge AirPlay on macOS. Stream content and mirror your display to Apple TV, Chromecast and more! AirParrot is full of features that keep the show rolling.

Comment

I use projectors, AppleTV and have used both AirParrot and its companion product Reflector. As long as a WiFi network is available, AppleTV, using AirPlay, is the fastest setup and simplest to use. There's nothing particularly wrong with the two Squirrel products. I simply appreciate the ability, using AppleTV, to walk in, plug in and start showing. The others take more steps.
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
              X