This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People Side Bar

I believe I used to be able to use the people side bar only when I chose.
    Now, even if I turn it off, when I open the file again it is turned on.
    What am I doing wrong? I don't want it opened all the time!!
    Many thanks for any tips.

Re: People Side Bar

Originally posted by Priscilla Bueno View Post
    I believe I used to be able to use the people side bar only when I chose.
    Now, even if I turn it off, when I open the file again it is turned on.
    What am I doing wrong? I don't want it opened all the time!!
    Many thanks for any tips.
    Hi Priscilla,

I recommend making sure you are running the latest version of Reunion 11, which is version 11.0.8. To check your version of Reunion 11, open your family file and choose Reunion -> About Reunion.

If is not 11.0.8, you may download the update from this web page...

Note: you will need to quit Reunion 11 (i.e., choose Reunion -> Quit Reunion) before installing the update.

After installing the update, start up Reunion 11 again and see if problems continue.

If so, please let us know what version of Mac OS X you are running and if you see the same behavior in the Sample Family file (or one of your other version 11 family files, if you have more than one).

Thanks
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Hi Priscilla,

I recommend making sure you are running the latest version of Reunion 11, which is version 11.0.8. To check your version of Reunion 11, open your family file and choose Reunion -> About Reunion.

If is not 11.0.8, you may download the update from this web page...

Note: you will need to quit Reunion 11 (i.e., choose Reunion -> Quit Reunion) before installing the update.

After installing the update, start up Reunion 11 again and see if problems continue.

If so, please let us know what version of Mac OS X you are running and if you see the same behavior in the Sample Family file (or one of your other version 11 family files, if you have more than one).

Thanks
      Deb, good evening

Thanks for your after and I am sorry it took me so long to look into it.

I had an earlier version 11.0.6 and I updated to the 11.0.8, however, the problem continued - BUT - I already know why and would like to know if there is a solution.

Because I use 8 different family files, when checking all of them, some worked and others did not, so I finally discovered what the problem is:

If the right hand side bar (Family View, Tree View, Charts and so on) is complete: icons + descriptions, the left hand side bar (People, Sources, etc) will remain closed, if when I quit the family, it is closed.

however

If the right hand side bar (Family View, etc) is reduced and has only the icons, even if I close the right side bar when quitting the family, when I open it back, it will open the right hand side bar.

Did I make myself clear?

The fact is that only recently I discovered that I could reduce the right hand side bar, and I really like it with only the icons - but now I understand that the problem appeared after I decided to use the "reduced" right hand side bar!

Any possibility of fixing this?

Super thanks, Priscilla

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing Priscilla describes: if the left sidebar is collapsed then the right sidebar will always appear when I open the file, if it is expanded the right sidebar stays collapsed. I'm running 11.08.

Like her, I would very like it to stay closed as I have limited real estate on my laptop. Thanks!

Comment

...If the right hand side bar (Family View, Tree View, Charts and so on) is complete: icons + descriptions, the left hand side bar (People, Sources, etc) will remain closed, if when I quit the family, it is closed.

however

If the right hand side bar (Family View, etc) is reduced and has only the icons, even if I close the right side bar when quitting the family, when I open it back, it will open the right hand side bar.

Did I make myself clear?...
          Yes. I can duplicate the problem you described. And, I will pass a note onto our engineers to check into.
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
            Yes. I can duplicate the problem you described. And, I will pass a note onto our engineers to check into.
            Deb, good afternoon

Any news on this subject?
            thanks and regards, Priscilla

Comment

Deb, good afternoon

Any news on this subject?
              thanks and regards, Priscilla
              There's nothing new to report. But, we are looking into it
              Deb Stuller
              Leister Productions Inc.