This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Register Report

I love the feature of Register Report but...... is there a way to trim down the ancestors it includes ?
    I would just like direct ancestors. I suppose it's because my ancestors had so many children, the report is big and it's hard to find the direct ancestors.
    Thank You.
    Lesley

Re: Register Report

Originally posted by L Chivers View Post
    I love the feature of Register Report but...... is there a way to trim down the ancestors it includes ?
    I would just like direct ancestors.
    Yes. Please try this...

1. Begin at your family view (or the family view of the person for whom you want to show the ancestors) and choose Change > Direct Lines Bold.

2. In the Direct Lines Bold panel, select "Make all children plain" and "the appropriate person's name." Then, click OK.

3. Next, select Family View in the navbar and go to the family view of the appropriate ancestor.

4. Choose Reports > Register.

5. Select "Bold children only" in the Prune section and adjust your other settings as you normally would.

6. Finally, open your report.

The resulting report should be primarily about those direct ancestors
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks so much for that info Deb.
      I've tried your suggestion, but when it gets to the Select "Bold children only" in the Prune section, that is greyed out and I cannot select.
      I noticed that before when I was making the Register.
      Can you help me please.

Thank You
      Lesley

Comment

Originally posted by L Chivers View Post
        ...when it gets to the Select "Bold children only" in the Prune section, that is greyed out and I cannot select.
        I noticed that before when I was making the Register...
        It is grayed out because that person has no bold children.

Who was selected in the "Direct Lines Bold" panel?

How is the source person of the Register Report related to the person for whom you made direct lines bold?

In order for my suggestion to work, the source person for the Register Report will need to be a direct line ancestor of the person selected in the "Direct Lines Bold" panel. (I.e., a parent, grandparent, great-grandparent, great-great-grandparent, etc.)

If the two people are related in some other way, you may want to consider having Reunion "chart" the relationship. I.e., this can be done by choosing Find and dragging the names of Person 1 and Person 2 (from the People sidebar) into the appropriate fields under the "Find relationship between two people" section. Then, click "Find Relationship." If there is a relationship Reunion can identify, click the "Create Chart" button to have Reunion automatically open a chart showing how they are related.

I hope something here is helpful for you in getting Reunion to show the relationship between those two people
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

When a person has married twice, why does the first marriage not come up first followed by the second marriage. In the Register report, it shows the marriages in reverse chronological order. It says:

"On 26 Dec 1862 when Francois Charles was 35, he first married Marie Therese Schaub, daughter of Francois Charles Schaub & Regina Kirchdoerffer, in Betschdorf, Alsace, France. Marie Therese died in Vandre, Belgium, on 12 Feb 1917; she was 79. Born on 15 Oct 1837 in Oberbetschdorf, Bas Rhin, Alsace, FRANCE,."

<list of children omitted here>

And then it says:

"On 20 Jun 1855 when Francois Charles was 28, he second married Elisabeth Krumeich, daughter of Jean Antoine KRUMEICH & Marguerite FISCHER, in Oberbetschdorf, Alsace, France. Born in 1828 in Oberbetschdorf, Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France. Elisabeth died in Oberbetschdorf, Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France, on 13 Apr 1861; she was 33."

<list of children omitted here>

Comment

Originally posted by mkstahl View Post
            When a person has married twice, why does the first marriage not come up first followed by the second marriage.
            The report shows the marriages in the order given in the family file. If you want the marriages in chronological order, you must first put them in chronological order.

One way of doing this is to go to "Edit Spouses" and hit the "Sort" button (you can also drag the marriages up and down in the window there, and designate the "preferred spouse").

For more information, you can search the manual for "The Order of Spouses".
            Dennis J. Cunniff
            Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
              The report shows the marriages in the order given in the family file. If you want the marriages in chronological order, you must first put them in chronological order.

One way of doing this is to go to "Edit Spouses" and hit the "Sort" button (you can also drag the marriages up and down in the window there, and designate the "preferred spouse").

For more information, you can search the manual for "The Order of Spouses".
              Thanks, that worked. I should have read the manual.
              - Mary

Comment

Working...
              X