This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book- Media Comments and Descriptions

I just upgraded finally to Reunion 11, and my brain is exploding after making my first family book! I almost have the hang of it now, and am pleased with the results, which I can share on dropbox with my family and can see on my iPad and iPhone- FUN!

I have a question about comments vs. description in the media window in Reunion. I had been adding short comments to my photos in preparation for the book process (thinking they would be labels for the photos)- and then discovered that they don't show up. I see that there is an option to include the description on the media page in the book, but not the comments. It seems that within the program the default description is the file name of photo, which I don't want showing up under the photos in the book. I am concerned about changing the description of the photo- would that change the file name??? Or is there a way to include the comments in the book, short of adding text boxes? I apologize in advance if this information is clearly stated somewhere- I am still learning, and my brain is fried!

Re: Book- Media Comments and Descriptions

Originally posted by Melinda Anderson View Post
    ...I have a question about comments vs. description in the media window in Reunion...I see that there is an option to include the description on the media page in the book, but not the comments. It seems that within the program the default description is the file name of photo, which I don't want showing up under the photos in the book. I am concerned about changing the description of the photo- would that change the file name???...
    It is okay for you to change the description. The description of a photo and the file name are two separate pieces of information. (When a photo is linked, Reunion simply puts the file name in the description field by default.)

The description can be changed in the Media window's Information panel. Additional information about the description field and how to edit it can be found in your manual by searching for "information panel." To access the manual, open Reunion and choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of just about any Reunion window.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Book- Media Comments and Descriptions

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      It is okay for you to change the description. The description of a photo and the file name are two separate pieces of information. (When a photo is linked, Reunion simply puts the file name in the description field by default.)

The description can be changed in the Media window's Information panel. Additional information about the description field and how to edit it can be found in your manual by searching for "information panel." To access the manual, open Reunion and choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of just about any Reunion window.
      Thank you so much for your speedy reply! After spending so much time re-naming and re-organizing my photo files last month, I was afraid of messing things up.

Comment

Working...
      X