This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report of people who worked in a particular occupation

I wish to be able to produce a report/list of people from my family file.

The report would show which people worked in a particular occupation, in this case Merchant seaman. In addition I wish to record where they were born, and use this as the primary field to sort on. I don't wish to record who their parents were, or attach a signature and address to each individual entry.

Is this possible?

Re: Report of people who worked in a particular occupation

I would go to the Find pane and set up a query such as:

People>Facts>[Occupation] [Contains] [Merchant seaman]

Assuming you have been consistent in how you entered this fact, you'll get a result list in the sidebar that has all the people with that occupation.

To get a report in the form you'd like, I'd then click on the orange rectangles on the bottom of the column, which will give you your results in a separate window in table form. If you click the question mark in the corner of the new window, you'll be presented with the section of the manual which discusses list windows, and in there you can learn how to create, hide, and define columns and how they sort.

When things are the way you like, you can then click on the button at the bottom of the list window with the up arrow and save a report.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Looked to me like maybe "bayanne" wanted a report of all people with occupations recorded. For that, I found that a simple Condition = Occupation with an Is Not operator and simply leaving the third blank empty produced a list of all the people that I have recorded an occupation for.

Then choose Results in the left sidebar and Recent Results List. Now you have a list of those found. You will now utilize the blue double arrow popups at the top of the columns to display whatever fields that you want to show in your report.

Anyway, that makes two alternatives.
      Last edited by Bob White; 21 February 2016, 04:45 PM.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Bob, bayanne might clarify, but after reading the post again, I think you nailed it.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
          Looked to me like maybe "bayanne" wanted a report of all people with occupations recorded. For that, I found that a simple Condition = Occupation with an Is Not operator and simply leaving the third blank empty produced a list of all the people that I have recorded an occupation for.

Then choose Results in the left sidebar and Recent Results List. Now you have a list of those found. You will now utilize the blue double arrow popups at the top of the columns to display whatever fields that you want to show in your report.

Anyway, that makes two alternatives.
          Thanks, this a great help.

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
            Bob, bayanne might clarify, but after reading the post again, I think you nailed it.
            Thanks for your thoughts

Comment

Thanks for this conversation. I learned a new capability of Reunion. I also learned that I need to be more consistent in how I record my facts!
              Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
              http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

Working...
              X