This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown father

I have several instances where young ladies have had children before they went on to marry other people. Following the example of others in the forum I gave the name of Unknown given Unknown Surname to the father and changed the couples status to "unmarried".
    This workaround is OK except in register reports.
    The report will say "when Greta was 21, she second married Earl......" when Earl was really her first marriage.
    Is there a way to get Reunion to report "when Greta was 21, she first married Earl..." which would be more accurate?

Re: Unknown father

I think pretty much all genealogy programs do it this way. Would sure be a lot simpler if they'd just leave out the ordinals and just say, "She married xxxx" on a certain date, and "she married yyyy" on another date. We can tell the order by the dates.

The easiest way (for me) to get around this problem is to print my reports in Word where I can modify the wording where ever it's needed.

Comment

Re: Unknown father

Try this. Click and drag the Spouses to the correct order by clicking on the tiny down Red Arrow and selecting Edit Spouses:
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X