This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion Web Tool

I try to update my website about monthly. I am trying to use the Reunion Web Tool to identify the new and changed web cards. This seems to work for files in the pc, pi, wc, wf and wp folders. However, it does not work for cards in the ps folders--every single one of my more than 12,000 ps cards ends up in the New Web Files folder.

I am thinking maybe I am doing something wrong in generating my web card report. For example, the footer record for one ps card, selected at random, is: <div class="psFooterRecord"><span class="psModDate">Last Modified 26 Jul 2008</span><span class="psCreated">Created 3 Jan 2016 using Reunion for Macintosh</span></div>

So this record was last modified in 2008, but it shows as having been created yesterday.

The web cards in the pc, pi, wc, wf and wp folders don’t have a creation date, so I think that if I could keep the creation and modification date from showing on the ps web cards the Web Tool might work on those as well.
    Clayton Heathcock

Re: Reunion Web Tool

Originally posted by Clayton Heathcock View Post
    I try to update my website about monthly. I am trying to use the Reunion Web Tool to identify the new and changed web cards. This seems to work for files in the pc, pi, wc, wf and wp folders. However, it does not work for cards in the ps folders--every single one of my more than 12,000 ps cards ends up in the New Web Files folder.

I am thinking maybe I am doing something wrong in generating my web card report. For example, the footer record for one ps card, selected at random, is: <div class="psFooterRecord"><span class="psModDate">Last Modified 26 Jul 2008</span><span class="psCreated">Created 3 Jan 2016 using Reunion for Macintosh</span></div>

So this record was last modified in 2008, but it shows as having been created yesterday.

The web cards in the pc, pi, wc, wf and wp folders don’t have a creation date, so I think that if I could keep the creation and modification date from showing on the ps web cards the Web Tool might work on those as well.
    The Kiwi aka Roger Moffat had created a small free app "Folder Update" (years before Reunion Tools) that will do what you want. You can run it on older MacOS. I still use it with a Snow Leopard boot disk or using VMware emulator running a Snow Leopard Server on my latest MacOS El Capitan. The VMware solution allows me to run many orphaned applications that I accumulated over the years.

If you wish a copy of FolderUpdater 1.4.9, I can send it to you by email. Write to me at webmaster@farhi.org

Alain
    Alain Farhi
    http://www.farhi.org

Comment

Re: Reunion Web Tool

The Reunion Web Tool is meant to replace the FolderUpdater application that Roger created.

What Clayton is running into is likely a bug. Clayton: if you could compress the "ps" folders from both your old and new web projects in a ZIP and send them to us (help@leisterpro.com), it would help me determine exactly what's occurring here.

Thanks,
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X