This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viewing Thumbnails of Documents etc.,

I have been gaily dragging and dropping into Multimedia, Weddings, Census details etc.,.
    However having today, tried to view them on my iMac 27" 5K Retina screen, I find that they are not capable of being viewed. I have rebuilt the thumbnails, but can see no difference. Dragging and dropping, is a great feature, but not if you cannot view at a larger size. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Is this box checked?
    Attached Files
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Is this box checked?
      Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion. As it is 11.25pm in the UK, I will check tomorrow and let you know.

Regards

Bill

Comment

Hi Bob,

I have now check and the box is already ticked, so that does not seem to be the issue. Still need help!

Regards

Bill

Comment

Unsure if this is what is needed but.... If the photo is showing on the family card, click on it and the multimedia window opens. Only the "preferred" photo will display on the family card. However, when you open that window, you will see all of your items shown in a column on the right. Double-clicking on any of those enlarges them. (On my 27", they expand to approx. 7" square.)

If this is not what you needed, let us know.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
            Unsure if this is what is needed but.... If the photo is showing on the family card, click on it and the multimedia window opens. Only the "preferred" photo will display on the family card. However, when you open that window, you will see all of your items shown in a column on the right. Double-clicking on any of those enlarges them. (On my 27", they expand to approx. 7" square.)

If this is not what you needed, let us know.
            Hi Bob,

The items that are not showing are really, 'documents' and I do not want them showing as"preferred". However I have rebuilt the thumbnails and the vast majority show quite clearly, including some that are very old documents. I think that it is some of the more recent ones that are not showing up clearly. I wonder whether it could be the file size causing the problem as some that I have dragged and dropped are very small and look clear as thumbnails, but when blown up the image is lost. I have tried to attach a couple of examples: One that shows clearly ( the larger file size), and one that does not ( the smaller). Perhaps you can see how they display on yours.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by billbir View Post
              I wonder whether it could be the file size causing the problem as some that I have dragged and dropped are very small and look clear as thumbnails, but when blown up the image is lost.
              It looks like you may have dragged a small thumbnail image (Troon, James Quick) into Reunion. When you drag an image into Reunion, make sure the image you're dragging is displaying at a large and clear resolution BEFORE you drag it into Reunion.

If you drag a small thumbnail image into Reunion, you will not be able to see any details when viewing at a larger size.
              Gregg Witmer
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                It looks like you may have dragged a small thumbnail image (Troon, James Quick) into Reunion. When you drag an image into Reunion, make sure the image you're dragging is displaying at a large and clear resolution BEFORE you drag it into Reunion.

If you drag a small thumbnail image into Reunion, you will not be able to see any details when viewing at a larger size.
                Hi Gregg,

That is undoubtedly, what I have done. I had never assumed that a thumbnail would not be viewable at a full size! What is the use of it, if it is not viewable? Could you now let me know, how I can delete the offending thumbnails, as there does not appear to be a right click, delete option.

Thanks for your input

Regards

Bill

Comment

What is the use of it, if it is not viewable?
                  I don't mean to sound redundant -- but, it's useful as a thumbnail. A quick glance will tell you if it's the page of a book, a tombstone or a picture of a person. Once you make the decision to see the full image, you click on it and a much larger image file is downloaded with more detail and resolution.

...how I can delete the offending thumbnails...
                  Open the Media window, click to select the media item and press the delete key on your keyboard.
                  Gregg Witmer
                  Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi Gregg,

Sorry to labour the point, but you said 'When you drag an image into Reunion, make sure the image you're dragging is displaying at a large and clear resolution BEFORE you drag it into Reunion." I have done this, within Ancestry and it is quite clear full size. However, when dragging it to Multimedia, within Reunion the clarity disappears. It is obviously something that I am doing within Reunion 11 that is causing the problem, as there is none within Ancestry.

Bill

Comment

Hi Gregg,

Sorry to labour the point, but you said 'When you drag an image into Reunion, make sure the image you're dragging is displaying at a large and clear resolution BEFORE you drag it into Reunion." I have done this, within Ancestry and it is quite clear full size. However, when dragging it to Multimedia, within Reunion the clarity disappears. It is obviously something that I am doing within Reunion 11 that is causing the problem, as there is none within Ancestry.

Bill
                      Try dragging from Ancestry to your desktop, then open the file in Preview. I'm going to guess you'll find that it's still a low resolution file independent of Reunion.

Are you dragging the full size image from Ancestry, or the thumbnail from Ancestry? If you click on the thumbnail in Ancestry, it will retrieve the full sized image from Ancestry... it's the second one you need to drag. If you're already doing this and it's not working for you, please disregard my comment; I'm not sure what else to suggest.
                      Tim Lundin
                      Heartland Family Graphics
                      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
                        Try dragging from Ancestry to your desktop, then open the file in Preview. I'm going to guess you'll find that it's still a low resolution file independent of Reunion.

Are you dragging the full size image from Ancestry, or the thumbnail from Ancestry? If you click on the thumbnail in Ancestry, it will retrieve the full sized image from Ancestry... it's the second one you need to drag. If you're already doing this and it's not working for you, please disregard my comment; I'm not sure what else to suggest.
                        I am dragging the thumbnail from Ancestry, not the full sized image. I was not aware that I could drag the full size. I will give it a try tomorrow and hope that it is successful. Thanks for your input.

Regards
                        Bill

Comment

Working...
                        X