Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relative Charts - create a line between two boxes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relative Charts - create a line between two boxes?

Has anyone ever wished for this besides me? It would be the ability to create a line (and being able to choose whether it should be a "spouse" line or "child" line) between two already-existing boxes on a Relative chart.

I have a bunch of very early Dutch people in New Netherland, and they cross-married in a bunch of ways, all coming down to my great-grandmother. I've been playing with the Relative chart for a few hours, and finally have something that my relatives will be able to follow, only to find out that I left out one person -- a father between two men already on the chart. It's important to include him because he shows yet one more way these people were inter-related to each other.

It was easy to create a "child" box and add his data, but now there's this white space between him and his son, and I can't make a line to connect them. Have searched the manual and this forum.

I suppose it's not a common problem, but this is actually the second time today I've realized I needed to connect two people. (The first time -- with a different pair of people -- I just bailed out and started the chart all over again, consuming much time re-doing the custom tweaks.)

Would like the ability to Select two boxes, then right-click or otherwise be able to say, "Create connecting line" and then specify if we need a child line or spouse line.

Anybody else want this on the Wish List?

Susan
    P.S. I have now saved the final Marked group, including the guy I missed the first time, but the damage is done and I'm missing a line on my chart.

Re: Relative Charts - create a line between two boxes?

FWIW, lines can be added graphically by selecting from the main menu Edit>Add Shape>Line. It's not what you're asking for, but is a way to deal with a limited number of connections with the tools that are already on hand.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Relative Charts - create a line between two boxes?

Thank you, Tim. I just now discovered that and came back on here to see if I could delete my post! It works OK for my purposes now.

Comment

Working...
      X