Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reunion on 2 macs. Multiple copies on Dropbox?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion on 2 macs. Multiple copies on Dropbox?

I just put Reunion 11 on my iMac and MacBook Air. The main family file (only 11 version) is on Dropbox. When I open the file on one mac it states something like "If you open it here it closes the one on the other machine". Fine. Now, going from the iMac to the MB Air, and attempting to open the same dropbox based family file I get a message box: "There are multiple copies of the family file xxx. Choose which one to keep." It lists the two computers and when each was last modified (different times) and both have the same info on the amount of people, families and sources. Should I choose the most recently modified one? And why do I see two choices? There is only one family file on Dropbox? Thanks for any advice.

Re: Reunion on 2 macs. Multiple copies on Dropbox?

I'm answering my own question with a "look it up in the manual" answer. Under "Using Dropbox to Share Your Family File with Other Macs" it lays out how to avoid this irritation. I advise reading the whole section but it boils down to this: If using more than one Mac then get in the habit of making sure that you close the family file or quit Reunion every time ONCE DROPBOX FINISHES SYNCING. Then open up on the other machine when that is done.

Comment

Working...
    X