This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need tip for manually sorting Events

With much effort, I am able to move an event into different placement in the Event list, and would really appreciate the "trick" to do this in a matter of seconds, instead of minutes. Often one wants the birth event that sorts second to be in the first place so it shows in the person's card. I've tried catching the lines of an event in many areas but can't find a consistent method. Any tips?

Re: Need tip for manually sorting Events

Originally posted by darillyn View Post
    With much effort, I am able to move an event into different placement in the Event list, and would really appreciate the "trick" to do this in a matter of seconds, instead of minutes.
    Assuming you're referring to the Events list in the Edit Person or Edit Family screens, events can be manually re-ordered by clicking-dragging (press and hold the mouse button, then drag) them from the location they are in to the location you want them to be in.

One thing to keep in mind is that you need to drag immediately after clicking on the event you want to move, if you wait too long after clicking then the drag operation won't be initiated.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by darillyn View Post
      With much effort, I am able to move an event into different placement in the Event list, and would really appreciate the "trick" to do this in a matter of seconds, instead of minutes. Often one wants the birth event that sorts second to be in the first place so it shows in the person's card. I've tried catching the lines of an event in many areas but can't find a consistent method. Any tips?
      Darillyn, Go to the Mac menu bar > Reunion > Preferences > Family View > General Family Views > Couple > Fields > Under the Couple Buttons

Anything you put in "Fields" will show up on the Family View. You can click & hold and move the fields to any order you want. This will show in every Family View.

Hope this is what you want.

Note: This will not rearrange the fields in the Events view. To do that, you need to go to Preferences > Field > Person > Events (or Facts or Notes or Flags).
      Last edited by kmgenealogy; 17 July 2015, 01:05 PM.
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

From Mark: "One thing to keep in mind is that you need to drag immediately after clicking on the event you want to move, if you wait too long after clicking then the drag operation won't be initiated."

Yes, Mark that is exactly the "trick" I needed. Dragging quickly, immediately does work. In fact the identify and drag need to be done simultaneously. So glad to avoid this daily frustration. Hopefully, this time sequence can be lengthened in the future. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X