This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book, descendants - ancestors

Just trying the book feature. Does it only work with "descendants, not ancestors?
    Steve Kunnmann
    Midlothian, VA

(Kunnmann, Basso, Hoffman, Lutz, Denton, Koster, Canning, Schineller)

Re: Book Feature

The Book feature starts with a couple and moves forward in time (via the report format of a register or family history.)

The Book feature does not begin with an individual and move backward in time (ala the Anhentafel report).
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Frank. That's a clear answer, but not a very useful feature I fear, for most book needs.

The output looks great, but while a book for our descendants is great, I also want to prepare a book for my kids and grandkids to tell them our grandparents and great grandparents (their G4-grandparents.).
      Steve Kunnmann
      Midlothian, VA

Comment

Originally posted by Steve K View Post
        The output looks great, but while a book for our descendants is great, I also want to prepare a book for my kids and grandkids to tell them our grandparents and great grandparents (their G4-grandparents.).
        Even better would be the ability to do descendants and ancestors from a couple (say an immigrant family). One part their family (descendants) in the US and another part their family (ancestors) in the old country.
        Bradley Jansen
        OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Originally posted by B Jansen View Post
          Even better would be the ability to do descendants and ancestors from a couple (say an immigrant family). One part their family (descendants) in the US and another part their family (ancestors) in the old country.
          Bradley, that is what I want! Report from couple (wife and I) our kids & grandkids and our parents, grandparents etc.

The traditional bow tie chart works from a person, not a couple!
          Steve Kunnmann
          Midlothian, VA

Comment

Working...
          X