X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

relationships not always showing

Hello folks,

Using Reunion 9.

I like that my "cousins" and so on are indicated as such since I have set myself as the "home" person.

However, I have noticed that this is not working on my fathers' mothers' side of the family. Why would that be?

Thanks in advance!

Dave
    Dave Kitabjian

Re: relationships not always showing

Originally posted by reggoboy View Post
    Hello folks,

Using Reunion 9.

I like that my "cousins" and so on are indicated as such since I have set myself as the "home" person.

However, I have noticed that this is not working on my fathers' mothers' side of the family. Why would that be?

Thanks in advance!

Dave
    Hi Dave,

It may be that you have not "refreshed" your relationships. Unlike with R11 which now updates relationships automatically, in prior versions, after you have added some direct relatives, you have to go back to the source person, right-click on the name box and go down to "Find Relatives". Let go and the relationships should update.

Hope this is helpful,
    Kaye
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
      Hi Dave,

It may be that you have not "refreshed" your relationships. Unlike with R11 which now updates relationships automatically, in prior versions, after you have added some direct relatives, you have to go back to the source person, right-click on the name box and go down to "Find Relatives". Let go and the relationships should update.

Hope this is helpful,
      Kaye
      Thanks, Kaye, this was very helpful, as I had completely forgotten how that worked! Seems I hadn't updated it since 2008!

The only correction I'll offer is to your instructions. The way I got it to work is to go to the home person (me), click on where it says "Source", and then click "Identify". That seems to have fixed it.

Thanks again!
      Dave Kitabjian

Comment

Originally posted by reggoboy View Post
        Thanks, Kaye, this was very helpful, as I had completely forgotten how that worked! Seems I hadn't updated it since 2008!

The only correction I'll offer is to your instructions. The way I got it to work is to go to the home person (me), click on where it says "Source", and then click "Identify". That seems to have fixed it.

Thanks again!
        You're welcome. Your way doesn't seem to work on v.11.

One of the things I love about Reunion is that, often, you can find different ways to do one thing. You can then choose what works best for you.

Kaye
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
        X