This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting earlier versions of Reunion

I installed Reunion 11 on my computer today and converted previous files. I am wondering now if it is safe to remove Reunion 10 from my system?

I do not see an uninstall utility anywhere so assume that the proper way to delete the earlier program is to drag its icon from my application folder to the Trash. At the same time I would delete Sample Family 10 and other bits and pieces from the earlier install. Is all of this correct? Are there other things to do to delete at this time? Is there any reason to leave the older program on my computer?

Thanks for your advice.

Re: Deleting earlier versions of Reunion

Originally posted by Rodney View Post
    I installed Reunion 11 on my computer today and converted previous files. I am wondering now if it is safe to remove Reunion 10 from my system?

I do not see an uninstall utility anywhere so assume that the proper way to delete the earlier program is to drag its icon from my application folder to the Trash. At the same time I would delete Sample Family 10 and other bits and pieces from the earlier install. Is all of this correct? Are there other things to do to delete at this time? Is there any reason to leave the older program on my computer?

Thanks for your advice.
    1. Yes, it's quite safe to remove (uninstall) the old version of Reunion after upgrade, but be careful to retain the installation media in case you ever have to reinstall from scratch. Reunion Upgrade software will only install if it can detect a previously installed version or if you can insert the CD/DVD from a previous version - Problematic for users if their 'new' Mac doesn't have a CD/DVD Drive!

2. You could just delete (Trash) Reunion 10 from the Applications Folder, but that leaves behind various settings files, which are also not needed. If you don't like probing OS X for those files, you could try a free uninstaller utility such as AppCleaner or AppTrap both of which I've found to be reliable in revealing and deleting those additional files no longer required. With either of those, uninstalling most Mac software (i.e. installed from a .dmg file rather than a .pkg file) is a 'drag and drop process' and there is a safety net, i.e. you have to indicate 'Yes' or 'No' before final deletion takes place.

It would be nice if Reunion had a full uninstall utility, but I haven't found any Mac software yet that has one which removes all traces of their own installation(s), even when they do include an uninstall feature. A bit like Windows!

Mervyn

Comment

Re: Deleting earlier versions of Reunion

Reunion will install fine without an older version present, you'll just be asked for a V11 license code.

If you've forgotten/lost the license code, the friendly folks at Leister will help you out.

Yes there is cruft left behind if you just trash the old application, but it's really not worth worrying about :]

Cheers
      Last edited by Tom Robinson; 22 June 2015, 11:00 PM.
      Surnames Dresch, Eyden, Lunn, Mountfort, Page, Robinson, Ryan, Whitworth, and more.

Comment

Working...
      X