This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misc. Notes Field in Notes Field

I hit some key combination that created a new column titled Misc. Notes that appears in the Notes window, the strip separating the two windows has a dimple, where you click and hold the mouse down you can expand and contract (but not close) the Misc. Notes field. How do I get rid of this column? I checked help where it states select the note field and then press the Delete Note button, but it is greyed out an not available.

Re: Misc. Notes Field in Notes Field

First, to clarify: In the Edit Person > Notes panel, there will always be a "Misc. Notes" field. You can't delete that field. And it appears for everybody.

If you're seeing something that you think is abnormal, send a screen-shot example to the help@leisterPro.com email address.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      First, to clarify: In the Edit Person > Notes panel, there will always be a "Misc. Notes" field. You can't delete that field. And it appears for everybody.

If you're seeing something that you think is abnormal, send a screen-shot example to the help@leisterPro.com email address.
      I don't know how I missed this after all these years. This is what I see now:
      Attached Files

Comment

That looks correct. It's an empty Misc. Notes field waiting for you to enter some text.
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I've always been curious why the need for the Misc. Notes area as opposed to just "Notes" which are usually random and miscellaneous also. What am I missing? Probably some great tool that will wonderfully enhance my research recording.

Comment

If you click the Add Notes button, you get a short list of more Notes titles and can do customized ones also. The suggested titles are Match & Merge, Medical, Military, Misc. Notes and Research.
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Hah so -- A great tip for using the Misc. Notes. I can definitely make use of the default titles of medical, military and research, but do not quite see how the "match and merge" title is helpful. Is the thinking to document the individuals that have been involved in a match and merge in their Notes?

Is there a way to search for the "research" area of the Misc notes in order to have hard copy for say a research trip or a library visit? I suppose if you titled each "Misc Notes" with the surname of the individual, you could "find" by identifying the field.

Comment

Originally posted by darillyn View Post
                I ... do not quite see how the "match and merge" title is helpful.
                Match and Merge notes are generated automatically by Reunion during a merge operation when the information for two people being merged is close enough to indicate they're the same person, but not exactly identical.

For example, if you merge two men, Stephen Smith and Steven Smith, Reunion might put "Other First Name: Steven" into the "Match & Merge" note for Stephen Smith. Usually this is something that's useful to check right after a merge, deal with, and then delete the note.
                Dennis J. Cunniff
                Click here to email me

Comment

I did not realize that after a match and merge a misc note is created. Quite honestly I have never noticed one -- is that because I have not selected match and merge as a default title during the "add note" process for "misc note"? Just for jollies, I created a test person to match and merge and there are no notes in the "matched" person. ?????

Comment

Originally posted by darillyn View Post
                    I did not realize that after a match and merge a misc note is created. Quite honestly I have never noticed one -- is that because I have not selected match and merge as a default title during the "add note" process for "misc note"? Just for jollies, I created a test person to match and merge and there are no notes in the "matched" person. ?????
                    The note is only created if there's a conflict between the two people's name data.
                    Dennis J. Cunniff
                    Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
                    X